Home Forums Tech Talk clutch type

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeremy Corkran 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have an issue with my clutch stall being set too low. In trying to dial in the idle to 1400rpm for my honda 390, it starts activating the clutch. However, the clutch doesn’t seem to have the typical setup with the four adjusment bolts. Can anyone identify the clutch?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Post a picture and maybe someone can help.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

I’m at a loss. I loaded it on Flickr and copied the share address into the picture popup, yet all I get is an image marker, no image. What magic do I have to work?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

Not sure what picture pop-up you’re referring to, but find the link to the photo on Flickr and paste it here in the reply box between the [i*mg][/img] tags, with the * removed.

Team Driver - Innovative Performance/Tony Kart // Owner - Oktane Visual Custom Helmet Paint and Graphic Design

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Looks like a shoe clutch with a spring and a worn out gear. You need a stronger spring to get a higher rpm engagement.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Jeremy Corkran
    Participant

Thank you, Walt. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be a simple adjustment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.