August 24, 2013 at 11:47 am #7927
August is almost over.
We’re ready to go on this thing.
How was the meeting?
We need this to happen!August 26, 2013 at 6:09 pm #8127
I agree. What’s up with that silence that I don’t hear. 🙁August 26, 2013 at 7:16 pm #8130
David ColeKeymasterAugust 27, 2013 at 7:03 am #8169
RELAX RELAX!!!!! Putting a race together of this type doesn’t happen overnite.September 6, 2013 at 9:45 am #9136
?September 6, 2013 at 11:27 am #9145
My cheque is written but no updates as to progress so far. Like to hear numbers !September 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm #9147
AFAIK the COTA board is waiting to hear back from one of their members.
Gotta remember the kind of organization you are dealing with here.September 22, 2013 at 11:44 am #10444
Watching the ALMS at COTA.
Man, I can’t wait to race there!October 5, 2013 at 8:55 am #12116
Ominous silence…….October 7, 2013 at 8:00 am #12205
For sure it’s been quiet on this, but my gut says this will be a runner. Dealing with an an event (and venue/management) like this is an ardous task.
Let’s keep talking about this! Continue to encourage those that are interested in filling out the form: http://smarturl.it/USKGPatCOTA
I made a couple of changes to reflect the status of things with this, and “updated” the link to point to this newer thread. If there are concerns about duplicates then just add that to the text and I will check.
Status board is not available right now, but I can say that based on what we originally discussed it looks like its in good shape as far as interest is concerned.October 7, 2013 at 8:04 am #12207
Goddamit, original link was truncated by the forums. Replaced with a smarturl.October 20, 2013 at 4:33 pm #13231
I haven’t heard anything and we are working on the 2014 KART/MARRS schedule. I have no Bernie contact information as both my computer where I had his e-mail got hacked and I have no phone number for him. If he has been trying to reach me, bet it was my old email address which is long gone.
Anyone heard anything?? Time has ran out for us to try and schedule around July 12/13, 2014. As of now, we have a race scheduled for July 12/13.
KellyOctober 21, 2013 at 1:07 pm #13294
I haven’t heard anything as of late. It’s all sounding rather ominous and the original date might be slightly out of reach, to be frank.
I know I sound like a broken record but October might not be a bad month as it’s starting to cool down here in Texas. 😉
I think once (and a whole lot of “if”) Bernie secures the date with the COTA admin then we should see and influx of people and, subsequently, activity once again. Right now, I don’t think anyone else wants to commit unless there’s a firm date.
Would it help to make it part of an official series schedule – possibly for double points? For instance, the NCK, KART/MARRS, or the WKA? Once people find that out a lot would be wanting to go to COTA, even if it is a bit of a drive (or flight).
Could someone contact the COTA admin to check the progress of transactions?October 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm #13295
Similar to Kelly, I am actively working the NCK 2014 schedule, and need to know if I have to schedule around something, or take the limited dates I am offered.
As for club points, that is a real tough one. Class alignment, and the issue that making races a distance away is a time and money commitment that not all can do.October 21, 2013 at 2:22 pm #13302
We need a date stated again, firmly.
How about Series points for ALL the Sanctioning entities out there that you run.
For the moment please, Sanctioning bodies should work around the proposed day in July.
This would give hope for a repeat event…but we need to have a first one!
But no double points…not fair given the cost and location.
Let us know.October 21, 2013 at 3:26 pm #13307
I must admit I too am getting frustrated with this topic due to the lack of communication from Bernie. I know he is working abroad but that does not stop him for posting on ekarting! I really can’t see any meeting taking place with COTA in the near future as I am sure they are getting ready to host F1 in November – so don’t hold your breath folks.
As Rodger Miller mentioned, along with other kart organizations they are all trying to book tracks for next years season. I think everyone has been patient but time is running out – Bernie you need to communicate and let people know what is happening!October 21, 2013 at 4:45 pm #13318
Really glad to see this topic going again! Even if Bernie hasn’t chimed in. October would be nice!October 23, 2013 at 7:54 am #13500
Have I missed something here with a OCTOBER date??
As for making it a KART/MARRS points race, can’t happen. With the classes people have proposed to date, I see no way the promoter for this event (if happens) can run our format to where our classes and the way we schedule our races can happen. Plus, pretty sure our racers will not pay $600.00 where the highest they pay is $100.00 per class (nationals). YES, I know it is COTA but!!October 23, 2013 at 8:57 am #13519
The last somewhat “official” information on this was from David Cole’s post on August 26th when he was ensured on a pending update- soon. In three days, it will be two additional months. How soon is that? j/k lol
Although this initial thread and tentative race event sure took off like a wild fire, we’ve come to the conclusion that we’re best off just not hold with bated breath anymore, close up the CoTA checkbook for the time being and start planning our 2014 itinerary with what we already know are either confirmed or traditional dates. Will see what continues to roll out for RR events. On a side note, seeing some recent online chatter and updates…. so it is good to see the clubs/sanctions posting updates (ala: promoters keeping us informed) and getting their schedules ironed out. 🙂
Streeter Super Stands
"Roll with The Best!"
streetersupertands.comOctober 23, 2013 at 10:05 am #13526
We out.October 23, 2013 at 10:52 am #13532
Yes, we have tried numerous times to connect with Mr. Adamson, but no return.
Regarding this event counting as a point race, it can’t and shouldn’t happen, IMO.
This is a one-off event, like the Rock Island Grand Prix or Lone Star Grand Prix, or the PRD Pan Am that took place during the IndyCar weekend in Fontana this weekend.
If point championships were so important, we’d have more the 1% in WKA land racing every event.
IMO, this event needs to be like the SCCA Runoffs, where we welcome everyone from around the country, working with a limited but open class structure, to provide one of the best road races in the country for the first time since the hey-days of Road America.
If not in 2014, I think something can be done for the future.October 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm #13551
This should be treated like the Supernats of Roadracing. No points. Just a big one off event.
http://bridgemanbroskarting.blogspot.com/October 24, 2013 at 11:14 am #13680
I agree Keith!
IMO, this race would have the best turn out. If it was run between Nov-March. It wouldnt screw with 80% of the countries road race schedules.October 25, 2013 at 7:14 am #13762
Do I hear someone volunteering to promote this event, Keith & Jeff??? I would be more then willing to HELP!!!October 25, 2013 at 9:27 am #13777
So just be clear – Nobody can reach Bernie for an update? There is no indication that the implied event is going ahead? Does this mean that those of us with club organizational responsibilities shoudl just go ahead and not be concerned with errosion by poorly set dates?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
EKN Editorial Search
EKN Editorial Directory
- e – SWAG
- EKN CANADA
- Briggs Racing
- Can-Am Karting Challenge
- Challenge Of The Americas
- Florida Winter Tour
- International Kart Federation
- Rock Island Grand Prix
- Rok Cup USA
- Route 66 Sprint Series
- Superkarts! USA
- Texas ProKart Challenge
- United States Pro Kart Series
- United States Rotax Max Challenge
- World Karting Association