Home Forums Road Racing Circuit of the Americas 2014

This topic contains 183 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Santander 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Joe Johnson
    Participant

Count me in for two guys for stock Honda.  Hopefully there will be two weight classes a light 385 and a heavy at 405.  I’m curious about the 01 cylinder rule also.

Chris Hegar
    Participant

50 car invert… ohhh yeaaaa ;-)

Glen
    Participant

<p style=”line-height: 16.7pt;”><span style=”font-family: Georgia; color: #333333; font-size: 11.5pt;”>Bruce there were 20 Yamaha Hvy entries at Topeka for the KART nationals, I would expect more than that at this race. That being said the only thing that might throw a wheel on the deal is if a guy only wants to run one class and has to pay $600. Most in my group will run as many classes as they can be it TAG, Yamaha/piston port/open- situp/ laydown. As long as time to recover for all of us old farts were in.  </span></p>
    <p style=”line-height: 16.7pt;”><span style=”font-family: Georgia; color: #333333; font-size: 11.5pt;”>As posted before by Chris Larson if you enter 2 or 3 classes at most major events you’re going to spend over $300+ to $400. The only thing I see is we have people that would love to run in our area that can only run one day or class. </span></p>
    <p style=”line-height: 16.7pt;”><span style=”font-family: Georgia; color: #333333; font-size: 11.5pt;”>Maybe the Hegar’s will dust off those old Emmick Laydown karts sitting in the shop and take a enjoyable relaxing drive!! (HINT)</span></p>

Debbie Kuntze
    Participant

Starting at the back of a big class like that, especially a sit-up CIK bodywork class, the draft is incredible! Being in the back is not a big deal. If you are able to run with the front runners, you can get there in a couple of laps. Drive COTA

<hr />

<div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>Come see our laydown build up http://www.lostenduros.com/?page_id=1970</div>

Just remember though- I will be watching ;-) and I don’t put up with any sort of bump drafting, no nerfing, etc. so far, this is NOT the biggest field I have had to watch over (yet-but will be)-so you will not escape the watchful eyes of corner workers.

Benn Herr
    Participant

Bruce there were 20 Yamaha Hvy entries at Topeka for the KART nationals, I would expect more than that at this race. That being said the only thing that might throw a wheel on the deal is if a guy only wants to run one class and has to pay $600. Most in my group will run as many classes as they can be it TAG, Yamaha/piston port/open- situp/ laydown. As long as time to recover for all of us old farts were in.

As posted before by Chris Larson if you enter 2 or 3 classes at most major events you’re going to spend over $300+ to $400. The only thing I see is we have people that would love to run in our area that can only run one day or class.

In past years there has been every attempt to make it so everybody has two places to run each day. It’s tough to justify sometimes with the limited laydown turnout classes. With the increased intrest in those classes this year it seems like they would really try to find a place for them to run. If you’re up to it and you’re supply of parts doesn’t run out, running four times on the weekend puts the cost at $150 a race. And that’s not bad for this kind of track.

Maybe we should start a laydown list like the Stock Honda guys are doing?

Drive Cota

Kelly Read
    Participant

John,

I don’t believe Linda is saying that  it is a bad thing. Getting people (veteran/new) to roadrace, benifits everyone in roadracing. People who race VERY LITTLE (1-2 races a year possibly) need to understand that those who have a series such as we do under KART/MARRS which has a 7-8 race series is that even though we all believe racing at COTA would be a once in a life time experience, if we as racers  where there are SEVERAL races at the present time  decide to not support those events and support this event, then there  is a GREAT chance of loosing some races(tracks) or even the series in there area they race in.  Then what do ROADRACERS do??

As I posted earlier, I will do what I can as for scheduling around this date (if it goes off) but, our series comes first.  This comes from someone who travels to other parts of the country to race but supports his own series FIRST.

I hope this race can happen as I want to see how many of those who say YES, will actually show as some who have posted here also said they were going to HPT in 2011 and didn’t show. 

Chris Hegar
    Participant

The NW rr scene is drying up and floating away. We have a minimal of young drivers coming up and are forced to tax the old guard with higher and higher prices due to track rentals ect. Even got some cool new tracks online here after losing some old ones but numbers remain low and falling. If it takes a new track like this anywhere in the US to get the short track world interested it can’t do anything but help everyone’s program. They try us, they like us and then return to all of our regular local events looking for more of that taste. If this new track was in any existing clubs back yard each would push it as hard as possible to gain runners, this is no different. Find a buddy, tell em it’s an F1 facility and drag em out even if it’s just to watch. RR needs more bodies.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

The NW rr scene is drying up and floating away. We have a minimal of young drivers coming up and are forced to tax the old guard with higher and higher prices due to track rentals ect. Even got some cool new tracks online here after losing some old ones but numbers remain low and falling. If it takes a new track like this anywhere in the US to get the short track world interested it can’t do anything but help everyone’s program. They try us, they like us and then return to all of our regular local events looking for more of that taste. If this new track was in any existing clubs back yard each would push it as hard as possible to gain runners, this is no different. Find a buddy, tell em it’s an F1 facility and drag em out even if it’s just to watch. RR needs more bodies.

To comment on Chris Hegar’s Posting should the event be put in the ” IT IS A GO ” category , I am just wondering from the comments that I have read here that since Many will be attending from the NORTH , SOUTH EAST COAST , MIDWEST , WEST COAST , after the days events would it NOT be possible to have a so called Mini Summit meeting with all the Clubs ,Org’s Groups and businesses and interested parties that WANT to HELP RR Survive . I’m  sure Bernie will be Extremely busy for 48 hours some what of an impromptu meeting for those Clubs , Groups Org’s might be of Benefit to all interested parties .

The same people might want to consider leaving several copies of survey asking what the competitors would like to see at RR events . Pass them out at the event ,take some back to your buddies that could Not attend then send all returns to someone willing to analyze the results and eliminate the negatives and try building on the positives . The results may offer some people some new ideas . Where else are you going to get such a large convergence of RR karters ?

Chris Hegar
    Participant

Sure you guys go for it I’ll be in the back with the chicks.

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

“50 car invert…”

How about transponders required in the final practice, line up the fastest guys in the back of the pack.

Wait that would never work, I could just see Chris and his brother going .1mph on the track fighting for slow lap ;)

Beck Duggleby
    Participant

I think it would just be easier to have transponders for final practice, like you said, Jimmy. No invert or anything, because then everyone would be forced to sandbag.

Just call it “Qualifying” and have open practice before that and that would get people on their toes.

I’m tired of posting this entry list over and over again so I’m making an entry list post for all classes. It’ll only be a moment… :)

Beck Duggleby
    Participant

Rest will be up shortly…

Yamaha Pipe

1. Bruce Peck
    2. Chris Larson
    3. Cliff Brannon
    4. Dale Coffey
    5. Dale Daugherty
    6. Glen Cherry
    7. Glen #2
    8. Glen #3
    9. Glen #4
    10. Glen #5
    11. Glen #6
    12. Jason Lorang
    13. Kevin Olds
    14. Mike Sampson
    15. Milo Schoonover
    16. Scott Goodman
    17. Steve Pasteiner

B&S Animal Sportsman

1. George Moreland
    2. Joey Kuley

World Formula

1. Bret Moreland
    2. Gino Giannopoulos
    3. John Larson
    4. Marc Pape
    5. Michael Schorn
    6. Quincy Smith
    7. Shawn Warner
    8. William Herr

Chondra

1. Nicholas McClure

Yamaha Sprint CIK

1. Glen Cherry
    2. Quincy Smith

TAG Open Senior

1. Andy Noyes
    2. Brent Lyman
    3. Brian Fisher
    4. Byron Rothenhoefer
    5. Cody R. Elliott
    6. Joey Kuley
    7. Josh Lane
    8. Lance Lane
    9. Nicholas McClure
    10. Quincy Smith
    11. Sundar Clark
    12. Tyler Guilbeault

TAG Open Master

1. Bret Moreland
    2. Don Guilbeault

TAG Open Junior 

TAG Cadet 

Stock Leopard

1. Brent Lyman
    2. Clark Gaynor
    3. Jeff Wesell
    4. Joey Kuley

Stock Honda

1. Beck Duggleby
    2. Bill Cox
    3. Bill Pyles
    4. Brad Johnson
    5. Bret Moreland
    6. Brian Fisher
    7. Byron Rothenhoefer
    8. Chris Hegar
    9. Clark Gaynor Jr
    10. Clinton Schoombee
    11. Darrell Hulford
    12. Darrell Tunnell
    13. Dillon Johnson
    14. Gino Giannopoulos
    15. Jason Campbell
    16. Jason Lorang
    17. Jeff DeMello
    18. Jimmy McNeil
    19. Joe Johnson
    20. Joe Johnson #2
    21. Joey Kuley
    22. John Paternostro
    23. Jordan Johnson
    24. Joseph Hollinger
    25. Josh Lane
    26. Juan Jaramillo
    27. Kerry Matthews (get well soon, Kerry!)
    28. Lance Lane
    29. Luke Bianco
    30. Mark Nagy
    31. Mike Wayne
    32. Nicholas McClure
    33. Peter Mastro
    34. Philip Davis
    35. Ray Chiappe
    36. Rich Stokes
    37. Rob Hegar
    38. Rob Miller
    39. Robert Marks
    40. Rodney Davies
    41. Roy Montgomery
    42. Ryan Hegar
    43. Sam Zavaglia
    44. Shawn Warner
    45. Stephen Lamana
    46. Terre Rothweiler
    47. Todd Kageals
    48. Tyrone Johnson
    49. Vivek Tandon

Stock Honda Junior 

CIK 125 Sprint (ICC + Moto’s)

1. Bret Moreland
    2. Cody R. Elliott
    3. James McMahon
    4. Jason Santander
    5. Joe DiVito
    6. Joey Kuley
    7. Randy Pierson
    8. Russ Stokes
    9. Stephen Lamana
    10. Steven Rougeou
    11. Tim Pierson

Rotax DD 2 

Formula 80 Sr.

1. Mike Kellum
    2. Mike Kellum’s Dad

Formula 80 Jr 

Superkarts

1. Alan Speyrer
    2. Anthony Williams
    3. George Sunderland
    4. Larry Stewart
    5. Luis Gularte
    6. Rex Sprull
    7. Sam Zavaglia
    8. Tyrone Johnson
    9. William Herr

Formula 125

1. George Sunderland
    2. Rex Sprull

B Stock

1. Milo Schoonover
    2. Robby Harper
    3. Scott Goodman

Run What Ya Brung

1. Alan Speyrer
    2. Bret Moreland
    3. Danny Chew
    4. Dave Fultz
    5. George Sunderland
    6. Jason Campbell
    7. Joe DiVito
    8. Randy Quismorio
    9. Rex Sprull
    10. William Herr

TAG E

1. Gino Giannopoulos
    2. Randy Quismorio
    3. Tim Doll
    4. Tim Kyser

80cc Laydown

1. Blair Nelson
    2. Greg Lindahl

Also:

Steve Kilsdonk
    Jeff Salak
    Sam Jordan
    Dan Davis
    John + Debbie Kuntze

Larry Stewart
    Participant

I was just at VIR and all the Superkart guys there were talking about going to COTA. You can add me to your list, I’m going.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

I didn’t realize some folks were posting on the old forum .  .  .

Yamaha Pipe
    .Jason Lorang
    .Bruce Peck
    .Cliff Brannon
    4.Kevin Olds  (runs out of my trailer – Bruce Peck)
    .Chris Larson
    6.Steve Pasteiner (from old forum)
    7.Mike Sampson (said he was coming but might be counted on for this class)
    8.Dale Daugherty (was a “maybe” on the old forum)
    9.Scott Goodman (a “maybe” for this class from the old forum)
    10.Glen and the Texas Gang #1
    11.Glen and the Texas Gang #2
    12.Glen and the Texas Gang #3
    13.Glen and the Texas Gang #4
    14.Glen and the Texas Gang #5
    15.Glen and the Texas Gang #6
    . . . others I’ve probably missed.

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

When NCK has the race at Laguna, they use practice as qualifying. Works out nicely.

Benn Herr
    Participant

As long as we are adding to lists…

B&S Animal Sportsman

George Moreland

World Formula

William Herr

Marc Pape

Shawn Warner

Gino Giannopoulos

Run What Ya Brung

William Herr

Dave Fultz

Randy Quismorio

TAG-E

Gino Giannopoulos or

Randy Quismorio (It depends!)

George Sunderland
    Participant

Uhhh, You forgot me as well as Rex Sprull as entrants for Run What Ya Brung, F125  AND FE.

We will be bringing our Nitrous breathing, fuel injected, blown RZ karts of course which we are hoping are Finally sorted out.

http://freewebs.com/centslessracing

Chris Hegar
    Participant

Why does Jimmy get to be first on the list?

not fair.

Benn Herr
    Participant

We paid him to do that.

Randy Pierson
    Participant

I keep seeing my name on the stock moto list. There is zero chance of me or any on our team running stock moto. Don’t know where that came about. No interest in that class now or in the future.

But…I will be bringing about a dozen ICC karts to race in the CIK125 and the G125 classes with various drivers.

Benn Herr
    Participant

I don’t believe Linda is saying that it is a bad thing. Getting people (veteran/new) to roadrace, benifits everyone in roadracing. People who race VERY LITTLE (1-2 races a year possibly) need to understand that those who have a series such as we do under KART/MARRS which has a 7-8 race series is that even though we all believe racing at COTA would be a once in a life time experience, if we as racers where there are SEVERAL races at the present time decide to not support those events and support this event, then there is a GREAT chance of loosing some races(tracks) or even the series in there area they race in. Then what do ROADRACERS do??
    As I posted earlier, I will do what I can as for scheduling around this date (if it goes off) but, our series comes first. This comes from someone who travels to other parts of the country to race but supports his own series FIRST.
    I hope this race can happen as I want to see how many of those who say YES, will actually show as some who have posted here also said they were going to HPT in 2011 and didn’t show.

The one thing that Road Racing needs is NEW bodies. While it is a fine thing to hold costs down and have a series that everybody is comfortable with – not too much travel, not too expensive – in the end it’s not sustainable. While your racers may love the racing they do and are ready to make another run at the championship next year, life has a way of changing that. Their kids grow up and have things to go to, they lose a job, get divorced, have surgeries, and sometimes racers just get older and pass away. Once you lose you base of customers it only gets worse.

That’s what happened to the SCK in California. Formed when Road Racing was going through some changes, and every time karting changed, they stayed on top of it and adapted. When the KT100 came out, when bodywork got popular, when sit-up classes got big. SCK was the place to be for all of these and they were constantly getting new members. Then things outside of karting changed. Tracks got expensive, and there were other kinds of racing that were more appealing. Just being the place you went to Road Race wasn’t enough. Participation dropped, not so low that they couldn’t put on races but they had to go into survival mode. Limited numbers of races, streamline the operation, lean on the volunteers, take less desirable track dates because it’s cheaper, one day races, etc….

It works for a while but have a couple bad events and you’re out of business.

The only way to stay out of this death spiral is to get new racers. And things like the USKGP are what does that. In karting the current biggest growing group is SKUSA. They put on events that people want to race in and there are championships to win but they also have the Supernats, a big event that gets a lot of notoriety, it creates a lot of “buzz”. SKUSA would be just another race promotion company without the Supernats. Every well run sport has a premier event to provide an attention focus. Road Racing used to have a couple, Daytona and Road America. But now, one is gone and the other is getting a little old. We need a high point, something special that will capture the imagination of the potential Road Racer. We need to work hard to schedule around this event. Is there a risk you might lose a race date you currently have? Yes. But you’ll lose that date anyway as soon as somebody comes along with more money. The only way to win that battle is to have more money and the only way to do that is with more racers. Make it so racers from your area can run it without a schedule conflict. We have a year to do it. It’ll be worth it.

Chris Hegar
    Participant

+1 to that and I don’t even like you guys.

Danny Chew
    Participant

Put me down as Run what ya brung in a brand new motor… surprise surprise..

Open up a group for 125-150 Open group? As well as Unlimited?

Hope to see many NCK guys there or committing.

Debbie Kuntze
    Participant

Bravo Benn, Bravo

Beck Duggleby
    Participant

Well the formatting screwed up, but I’m too tired to fix it now. Over 3 in the morning here… I hope my alphabetical arrangement made you happy, Hegar. ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.