Home Forums General Karting Discussion Chassis upgrade

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Tom Turner
    Participant

I have been racing an older Emmick Chassis for many years.

I have Raced mainly with the Yamaha Heavy classes in sprint short tracks and sprint road racing the longer tracks too.

I see many people have moved to the wider chassis in these classes.

I am looking for Any ideas for a reasonable chassis upgrade.

THANKS!

Tom Turner

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Tom

I do have OTK Tony Karts, been using them on the Yamaha class, LO206 class as well.

We do love them, they are super easy to tune, very fast out of the box, you can actually win races just by setting them up neutral.

Compared to your old Emik Tony karts are so much easier to drive, with a lot less effort to steer.

I do have 2 available older chassis if interested, they are extremely competitive still, my Son is not racing any more, and we don’t need 7 karts laying around the shop collecting dust. I have to get rid of all of our LO206 karts, and Yamaha karts.

2014 Green Tony Kart EVK chassis

2014 OTK Fernando Alonso Kart

Let me know if this would work for you

Tom Turner
      Participant

Freddy,

Where are you located?

Can you send me any pictures?

Are we talking rollers or bare frames?

What are the Costs ?

Tom

TJ Koyen

Tom,

The cool thing about modern karts, is that almost any kart from any major brand can be a player on-track. Find the brand supported in your area, and take your pick of your favorite color.

Like Freddy, I’ve been an OTK guy for the past several years and have really enjoyed the karts. They’re well-built, easy to tune, and fast out-of-the-box.

I would look for something used but not abused, make sure it’s straight and the rails aren’t flattened from going off-track, and go have fun. I would probably suggest something in the 30/32mm range if you’re running a heavy class, although a standard 30mm might work in a lower horsepower application like Yamaha.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Sorry, Tom. I’ve been so busy that I never had a chance to look here all day, plus I’m setting up for a race this weekend.

I have full rollers, no bare frames, I currently have 2 complete karts set up for LO206, but I don’t have an issue removing the engines and making them full rollers for you, I just sold one, and now I only have 2 left.

Please send me yous email address and I can email you some pictures. Thank you. I am located in Bakersfield Ca. Shipping is no big deal for me.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Pictures sent

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.