Home Forums 250 Superkarts Chassis of choice… GasGas

Tagged: 

This topic contains 32 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Hegar 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Chris Hegar
    Participant

Yes I know it’s the age old question, which chassis to buy? If your looking at current older and new 250 frames what would be a good choice for a GasGas power plant?

Opinions, complaints, compliments…

Jim White
    Participant

The PVP Critchley had for sale last weekend looked to be a nice piece.

Andy Kiker
    Participant

If you want the best!!

Anderson Maverick Div 1 chassis w/ Wiwa GasGas

Chris Hegar
    Participant

I figured I’d drag a Kiker out for this question.

Doug Newhouse
    Participant

Chris,

i have an Anderson ready to go will make you deal.  www.ransomstreetracing.com

Doug

Riley Will
    Participant

Div 1 Anderson Maverick

DENNIS CRITCHLEY
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Riley Will wrote:</div>
    Div 1 Anderson Maverick

Johnny West
    Participant

The Maveric chassis is the chassis of choice for sure. The older Marage is 1 inch shorter and 2 inches narrow-er. I feel; get  the new chassis The new Andersons now have a upgraded front brake system. Less brake fade on high speed tracks.

DENNIS CRITCHLEY
    Participant

Next Kart I would purchase would be … A Raider from Phil Featherstone of P.f.P complete with Kelgate brakes . Kart was tested at the Mira wind tunnel with the lowest drag coefficient compared to the others tested.

MS karts are making a good show in the European Championship with front row finishes

It would be interesting to mix up the current North American choice of Superkarts!

John Benson
    Participant

What about the Cobalt , in Chris H. hands I bet it would go to the front, and it’s about $4000 cheaper.

Gerry MCN
    Participant

The Cobalt needs some more promotion, not much info out there on it

John Benson
    Participant

Hey Chris Reinhardt , I gave you an opening to pitch your USA made kart, where you at ? :)

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

In Chris R’s hands, it ain’t bad either…..  All I need is an Ass Gas motor…. NOT!!!!!

I’m working on an EFI CRF450, should be ready for the 2014 season….

CR

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>GerryMacNutt wrote:</div>
    The Cobalt needs some more promotion, not much info out there on it

Gerry, you need to come out to some ESK races, it won every race it finished.

http://www.cr2motorsorts.webs.com

CR

Gerry MCN
    Participant

Would like  to but way to far to travel from the westcoast. Would really like to see your newest version for a 250 ICE in person

I need 70 + h.p. and a great chassis to get me close to the front

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I sold one to a guy n the left coast, should be out there somewhere…..

CR

Andy Kiker
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>GerryMacNutt wrote: I need 70 + h.p. and a great chassis to get me close to the front</div>
    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”></div>
    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Gerry, Just refer back to my previous post.</div>

Jim White
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Chris Reinhardt wrote:</div>
    I sold one to a guy n the left coast, should be out there somewhere…..I saw it at Buttonwillow a few months ago.  Unfortunately it was not completed and partially assembled in a trailer. From what I could see of it it was well made. Can’t remember the guys name, he had a 125 also. Hopefully he gets it going for next season.

Eric Gossard
    Participant

Yes, I’ll be there next year.

I’m really happy with the  Cobalt Chassis I got from Chris R. It’s a well built,  well thought out chassis…….Anyone interested in a chassis from Chris Reinhardt at CR2 Motorsports,  your  welcome to come  check mine out here on the west coast.   I’m based out of Willow Springs Raceway.   I’m sure I’ll see a lot of you at Sonoma.  I’m sure I’ll see some of you at Sonoma.

Side note : Thank you Dean Martin,   Your comments helped me out a great deal.

Eric.

Michael Boone
    Participant

Hey Guys thinking about picking this kart up !  It’s been on Tec Sav’s site for a while. I could maybe get it cheaper.

châssis PVP (frein KELGATE) entièrement révisé, moteur FPE préparé et révisé complet (équipé pots et silencieux TEC SAV). Ensemble très performant.Vendu avec mychron 3 gold.

Prix prêt à rouler : 8490 € ttc

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Stupid forum!!

Click on this link

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x225/Speedbateau/image_zps107ad77f.jpg

At that price, I’m guessing pre-2010 cylinders and wedge cranks. Also Tec Sav don’t build the fastest FPE’s if you get my drift. You probably have to spend $6K plus to get the motor anywhere near, if my guess is correct. Still if you accept all that it’s not a bad price at €8,490.00

Ian

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I’m not what this has to do with the best chassis for a Gas Gas motor?

Google translate is your friend:

“<span class=”notranslate”><span style=”color: #ff0000;”>SUPERKART 250</span></span>

<span class=”notranslate”> PVP chassis (brake KELGATE) completely revised engine FPE prepared and revised full (with pots and silent TEC SAV).</span> <span class=”notranslate”> Together with very performant.Vendu MyChron 3 gold.</span>

<span class=”notranslate”> Price ready to ride: € 8,490 incl</span> “

Not sure what all that means, and that’s a hunk of change to buy site unseen, but whatever…

CR

Jim White
    Participant

Since this has gone way off course at this point I’ll add this….

I’ve got a buddy looking for an entry to mid level ICE kart on the west coast to get started. PM me if you got something.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

For Christ sakes, why can’t EKN fix these forums!!!!!!  It’s looks real pretty from the outside, ,but the functionality, leaves a lot to be desired…..

CR

Michael Boone
    Participant

Thanks Ian!

I’m looking for something to do some promotional stuff and a kart for people to try so if it’s not the fastest that works. Enough to scare the big mouths and spark the interest of the real drivers and for me to play with on open track days!  I have a KZ kart and also looking at a legend car also for the same reason.

Chris.  I wouldn’t buy it sight unseen I’d take the 2 hour drive up to Tec -Sav and Talk to Yannick about it.

Thanks!

MB

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.