Home Forums Road Racing CES @ Blackhawk 8/10-11

This topic contains 31 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Salak 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Peter Zambos
    Participant

Hiya folks!
    Don’t let the new format make you forget that there’s still time to pre-enter for the second glorious event at Blackhawk Farms Raceway for C.E.S. BFR is one of the Midwest’s best offers to karters for road racing: great camping, facilities, beautiful environment, not to mention the great track that can generate some fantastic racing. Hey, but don’t take my word for it:

“One of the best tracks in the mid-west. Some of the best racers. Guaranteed to have fun. Always someone to race with. Great people” ~ George Argiris
    “Yeah, blackhawk’s facility is really nice, the bathroooms, the showers, the “watch tower” thing. I really like the facility.” ~ Lance Hiser
    “I love Blackhawk!!” ~ Paul Benke
    “If you go to Blackhawk and don’t have fun, you aren’t karting right.” ~ Jake Bustos

So, in other words, if you don’t go to Blackhawk, you obviously don’t want to have fun. I would feel sad for you, but I’ll be at Blackhawk and I’ll just feel too awesome to be bothered.

Preregister online HERE!

See you there.
    Cheers.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Peter Zambos.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Peter Zambos.

Jeff Salak
    Participant

Im in, signed up 3 days ago.

Im looking for a partner for Adam Schatz benefit race.

Bring the bug spray!!!

Chad Landers
    Participant

I’ll be sending my pre entry in for Tag Masters this week.

Jeff, If my brother doesn’t come and my dad doesn’t want to run (chances are slim on both) I’d be willing to partner up with you.

I was just thinking about the team race the other day. I was going to at least run it by myself to make the donation. I was thinking about pitting and running around the kart a then getting back in and go.

video from the last Tag race in June

Chad Landers
    Participant

Sorry for the low picture quality. That is an original GoPro camera and the battery died about half way through the race.

tony zambos
    Participant

Chad, thanks for the video.

George Argiris
    Participant

As a reminder – RVKC will have a free BBQ on Saturday night for all racers…

You will also have one last chance to win the Edsal pit karts and the Mills Pallet race weekend giveaway.

See you all at Blackhawk – Dont miss out on the best road race series in the midwest

Joe Ruch
    Participant

ball park gearing for a Maxter ICC?

J0e

Keith Bridgeman
    Participant

I have a Maxter also,   18-21

Glen Critchett
    Participant

Anyone out there have a starting point for gearing a Rotax (TAG Masters)?…….

Jeff Salak
    Participant

I sent you a pm Glen.

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

I really hope I can make this!  I missed out on the earlier event and once again I am cutting it close.  I do have a question to ask.  I am not a member of CES yet, and from my understanding you need to buy a weekend membership to join the club at Black hawk.  Am I able to pay for registration and a small weekend membership at the gate if I show up.  I also do not have a transponder, am I able to rent one at the track?

Peter Zambos
    Participant

Donnie,

Yes and yes.  Now get out here and have some fun.

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

If I can pick up mycylinder jugs by Thursday I will probably end up racing.  If I can race I will most likely still come out to spectate and meet some of you guys.  And for the 2014 season me angrit coworker are going to try and make all of theevents.

Arnaud
    Participant

Looking forward to this race!

Stock moto gearing, is 18-22 alright?

Tyrone Johnson
    Participant

Looking forward to this race! Stock moto gearing, is 18-22 alright?

Yes.

Glen Luening
    Participant

Jeff,  if you are still looking for a partner for the race I would love to drive a tag again.

Jeff Salak
    Participant

Doing it with Arnaud, Glen. Race with Chad maybe??? I think we can find you a Tag partner.

By the way,  just watched local news/weather.

Sat Sunny 77/60, Sunday Sunny 76/60 Awesome weather!!!

Jeff Salak
    Participant

Donnie, at the gate you will pay for a pit pass. Once you come in go to scoring tower and see the ladies in registration. They can help with everything you asked about.

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

I really hope I am able to get my engine together to race with everyone on Sunday.  Since it blew a rod bearing it has been nothing but a pain in my a**!

Joe Ruch
    Participant

Will there be any shops at the track this weekend selling parts? I’m in need of a 20 and 21 tooth axle gear for my shifter.  They’re hard to find around indy I’m finding out…

Joe

George Argiris
    Participant

Joe

I sent you a pm with some information

remember that RVKC is having a BBQ Saturday night after the team race.  Everyone is invited

look forward to another great race weekend at Blackhawk.

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

I will be picking up my cylinder jugs today and breaking in my engine Saturday.  That means I should be able to race this weekend if all goes as planed.  I just hope my Pavesi can keep up!!  And since it’s my first time in a shifter at Blackhawk I think I may start in the back of the grid so I don’t cause any issues.

Keith Bridgeman
    Participant

Will there be any shops at the track this weekend selling parts? I’m in need of a 20 and 21 tooth axle gear for my shifter. They’re hard to find around indy I’m finding out…

Joe

<hr />

<div class=”bbp-reply-signature”>FA Kart
    Maxter</div>

I bought a 21 gear at the track last time so there is a shop at the track with them.

Chad Landers
    Participant

How much are the pit passes for kids?  I think my 4 year old and 11 month old are coming down for the day on Saturday.

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

Alright the kart is running I hope to see you guys on Sunday!  I just hope I can get my carb sorted out.  I am also running 17/24 on a pavesi, I was told to run 19/25 but I do not have those gears and 17/24 was as close as i could get to that.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.