Home Forums Shifter Karts Central Florida baseline Stock Honda carb setting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ace Rossi 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gene
    Participant

Anyone in the Central Florida area care to help me with some baseline settings for a PWM carb? It’s on an 01 stock honda. Just looking for a ballpark idea of where to start to make sure I have the appropriate jets and needles to work with from there. I don’t mind being a little on the conservative side.

Thanks,

Gene

marc-andre hubert
    Participant

djg needle,middle clip   55  178 110 unleaded 8oz 1 gallon motul 800t using sharkshifter reeds

im in Fort myers

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Jason at Swedetech advised me to NEVER run pump gas. Always use VP ms98 mixed with ONLY 6 ozs of Motul oil! I’ve never had a problem, yet!

As for jetting? It changes with the weather! Matter of fact, it probably changed since I started this reply! Just sayin’!

By the way Gene, where are you located in central Florida?

marc-andre hubert
    Participant

not sure why anyone would want to run pump gas? ms98 is the spec fuel for skusa, but some testing showed little gain over vp 110 but more cylinder wear since it does not control detonation as good as the high 110 octane wich is why I run for reliability with vp 110 race gas

Ace Rossi
    Participant

From the Swedetech site:
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Oil – Motul Kart Grand Prix or Maxima 927 – mixed at 24:1</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Fuel – VP MS98 – Do Not Use Pump Fuel</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Transmission Oil – Motul Trans Oil 10w30 or Motul Trans Oil Expert 10w40</span></p>

<h1 style=”text-align: -webkit-auto; padding-top: 30px; margin: 0px;”><span style=”font-size: small;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Jetting</span></span></h1>
    <h2 style=”text-align: -webkit-auto; margin: 30px 0px 0px;”><span style=”font-size: small;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Keihin 38mm PWM</span></span></h2>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>160-180 main (center of the carb, 6mm hex )      Main jet supplies fuel from ½ throttle to full throttle</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>48-62 pilot (next to main jet, use 5mm flat screwdriver to remove)          Pilot jet supplies fuel from 0 – ¼ throttle</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>DGK,DGJ, or DGH needle – 3<sup>rd</sup> from top.  Experiment with 4<sup>th</sup> & 2<sup>nd</sup> clip from top.               Needle regulates fuel from 1/8 throttle to ¾ throttle</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Air Screw (side of carburetor body, above fuel inlet) – 1 Turn      Air Screw regulates air from 0 – 1/8 throttle.  Turning the air screw in will reduce air through circuit, effectively, increasing the fuel to air ratio.</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”></p>
    <p style=”text-align: -webkit-auto;”></p>

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Don’t know what happened but this was straight from Swedetechs site:

no pump gas and use VP MS98 mixed at 24:1

a lot of recreational racers WILL buy pump gas out of convenience!

this new site is definitely not smart phone useable!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.