Home › Forums › General Karting Discussion › can someone help me identify these
Tagged: cr125, CRG, Haase
This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bill Angel 1 year, 2 months ago.
I have a guy that wants to trade me here two karts for something I have on craigslist. The first he says is a 2013 crg road rebel with 6 speed cr 125
the other one is a 2011 haase 125 vm that needs some work.
the vin tags says 80/ch/08 n 15 135
I’m new to karts so I was wondering if these are what he says and maybe a rough estimate of what they are worth
The pictures didn’t come through on my end, but my honest opinion is that if you’re new to karting;
1) stay away from anything on CL. It’s more than likely old stuff that needs more work than a new guy like yourself can handle. If the guy selling it spells kart with a C, stay clear.
2) don’t buy a shifter kart as your first kart. Get something simple and less HP. A good LO206, KT100 or an HPV kart is best.
3) find a kart that is from a longtime karter that’s still in the sport. They will help you with problems and you have a good chance that the kart is straight and is – what they say it is.
4) if you believe you’re going to be good and will eventually race, get a late model kart that can easily be changed to an X30 so you can race TAG.
5) don’t buy from CL / did I already mention that?
I’ve had a few kt100 karts but nothing bigger I was honestly going to flip these the haase looks legit but the crg frame was powder coated so you can’t see the vin.
Great advice Stu!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
September 22-24, 2017
United States Pro Kart Series
October 13-15, 2017
Mooresville, North Carolina
WKA Manufacturers Cup Series
October 20-22, 2017
New Castle, Indiana