Home Forums Autocross / Solo 2 Camber Adjustment specs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Schmidt 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bill Schmidt
    Participant

What numbers should we have for front end camber on our solo shifters? I have one wheel that is about 3 degrees neg and the other is neutral. Obviously not a good setup.

Joe Ricard
    Participant

Well yea that’s not good.   3 neg is probably too much.   0 might not be enough unless it changes with you in the seat at which time it is perfect @ -1 with driver.

Possibly you have a bent C or rhe hole is wallered out and you nee to fill weld and re-drill for the bottom pill.

Is this the same chassis you had in 2010?

Bill Schmidt
    Participant

Same 20 year old chassis and same 25 year old engine. My kart doesnt have the “pill” set up. I assume mine is adjusted by bending. Which is more likely to have bent? The “C” part of the frame, or the spindle itself?

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

Spindle.  From the age of your kart, spindles are probably (like mine) 17mm.  They can bend.

Unlikely that the chassis itself is bent, unless it has hit something.  Not likely, but still possible.

Also, the kingpin bolts do bend often.  Make sure they are also straight.

Bill Schmidt
    Participant

Well, my kart is a 1995 Trackmagic. It was made way back when they were an American made kart. Everything on the kart is non-metric, except the drivetrain. Spindles are 5/8″ and kingpin bolts are 3/8″. This is all still a work in progress deal, as I have been busy as hell lately. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.