Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Breaking in a LO206

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jon Romenesko 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

So as long as the weather cooperates and the stars align this weekend, I’m planning on breaking in my brand new LO206. However, the internet appears to be sparse on any particular procedure.

Anyone have a tried -and-true method for breaking in one of these things?  I’ve broken in many a 2-stroke, but never a 4-stroke. Should I just use the same  method of; varying the RPM from low to med for a few laps, cool to ambient, one high RPM run and drain the oil?

David Cole
    Keymaster

Run it on the stand for about 10 minutes. Make a couple slow warm-up laps, and then hammer down.

That’s it. After one or two sessions, I would drain the oil and put in new.

Craig Drabik
    Participant

<span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>Apparently there’s no break-in procedure in the Animal/206 manual :)</span>For world formula I’ve always followed the break-in procedure in the manual.  I have run the “no load” portion of the instructions on the stand at home, so when I get to the track I’m ready to just warm it up on the stand then start the on-track break in laps.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/engines-racing/~/media/Files/product_catalog/Briggs%20Racing/World%20Formula%20Racing%20Performance%20Catalog%20and%20Reference%20Guide.pdf?la=en

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

Thanks guys. Not too far off what I was thinking. My understanding is that the bottom end of the WF is essentially the same as the animal/206, so that procedure should work nicely.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.