Home Forums Road Racing BRC 250 Twin Video at Grattan – July 2014

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan Blair 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Bryan Blair
    Participant

I finally loaded my video from Grattan onto You tube. I was able to run a 1:17.7 lap, with some chassis tuning I should improve on that. As you can see from the video I wasnt able to get into the throttle in several areas of the track. With some chassis tuning and sticky tires I might be able to get close to the 250 track record, 1:15.9. My buddy Dave Reid edited the video for me, he made the rear camera look like a rear view mirror. Thanks Dave

Let me know your thoughts on the vid. Thanks

tony zambos
    Participant

Great video. Will there be anoher one from this weekend’s Blackhawk?

John Benson
    Participant

Nice vid and drive ! Kart looked like it was working well ,maybe a tad loose? What chassis is it?

Bryan Blair
    Participant

Ton y – I wont be at Blackhawk this weekend. I’m planning on MIS and Gingerman.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

John- Its a Nemisis chassis. I was loose and 4 wheel drifting. I guess its kinda hard to see that in the video. There are several areas of the track that I cant put the power down. Its only my 3rd race with this kart, so we have some development / tuning to do. This thing eats brake pads!! I’m using the Red EBC pads. Are there better pads for wear?

John Benson
    Participant

I run the Red power pads ( soft)from Pierre Hung (?) and I’m not going as fast as you but they last really well .I would think you could get 2 races out of them.I have his contact info if you need it.

Reggie Brown
    Participant

Great video Bryan! Really happy to see someone running a twin. Is that Frank or Derek’s old kart?

Regarding pads, we run a green EBC and they seem to hold up pretty well.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

Thanks Reggie – We got the kart from Riley, I dont know who owned it prior to that?
    I’ll have to look into the brake pads. Seems like most wear quickly.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

John – send me Pierre’s info. Thanks

Jason Santander
    Participant

Cool vid bryan, you got the black Nemesis? I had my eye on rileys white one for a long time. Just couldn’t justify it, hardly any opportunities to run desirable tracks here in Norcal. Absolutely love the 250 twins.

Sam Zavaglia
    Participant

I think I know that kart well.

Riley stepped out of it after qualifying and let me jump in it at Miller Motorsports Park in 2009.

I started rear of field since I didn’t qualify it and won the race for 250 Twin.

My god that kart was quick in a straight line at such high altitude, credit to Riley.

2009 USKGP Winner.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

Jason – yeah we got the black one. My buddy bought the white one but it hasnt moved from his garage.

Sam – That’s awesome. Give me some help with set-up. Send me your info.. Thanks

Jason Santander
    Participant

Trust me bryan, I wanted that kart, but it would end up sitting for months at a time. Just not much opportunities to run it  here.  I got a new bike instead and it’s opened up new opportunities. But nothing beats 4 wheels for sure.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

Jason – yeah we are lucky to have a bunch of awesome tracks and road race series in the mid-west.

Dan Davis
    Participant

I use PowerPad blue pads all the way around on my Anderson Maverick CR250 w/dual rear disk and depending on the track they last for a few race weekends at least.

On my TZ250 powered P1 equipped with VDot brakes (single disk 6 piston rear caliper) which are similar to Kelgate brakes, I use blue pads in the front and gold in the rear.  The P1 always had too much rear bias for me with whatever pads came with the kart in the rear and the gold improved that issue.  The pads on it wear similarly to the Anderson.

One track I typically run on, Lake Afton,  has very long strait (.8 mi. or so) with a 45 mph 90 deg. + turn at the end that really pushes the brakes…..the P1 with me in it weighs approx 500 lbs……I’ve gained a few pounds over the last few years.  ;-)

Pierre has a few compounds, give him a call to see what he has to offer.  The work very well for me.

Bryan Blair
    Participant

Dan – thanks for the info. I’ll give Pierre a call.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.