Home Forums Road Racing Bought used Enduro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Krueger 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tim Landon
    Participant

Stripped it down to the bare frame, except axle.  Rounded bolt head on brake rotor disc, waiting for tool to loosen, then I will remove axle.

My question – Seller had no idea what frame manufacturer this is.  Dude who said he drove it had no idea either.  There are no identifying marks anywhere.  No numbers, no nothing.  Is it a “clone”

Anybody have any ideas what kart this is?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Tim Landon.

Greg Wright
    Participant

It’s a little hard to tell from the pics, are there any numbers inside the spindle “U” bracket? If not my guess is that it’s a Margay Enduro “clone” that was made by Fox Valley Kart in Lafayette Indiana a few years ago.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Scott Sigafoos
    Participant

Tim when I talked to the guy you bought it from said it is a fox valley chassis.  Which is a margay copy.

Tim Landon
    Participant

Cool, thanks Greg and Scott.  Copy of what Margay Model?

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Hey Tim; Could you tell me the width of the chassis at the rear of the main tubes? where the bumper plugs into. I actually have a project of my own and im trying to get a baseline of widths of other enduro chassis to see what different sizes people have, new and old!

bstock CAD photo bstock_zpsz2kyairs.png

NHKA member, yamaha pipe sr

Tim Landon
    Participant

Rear of chassis – centerline to centerline of rear frame tubes is 22 inches.

Tim Landon
    Participant

Looks like a Fox Valley clone of the Margay Cougar – 1990-1995 I think.  Are John Copeland and Fox Valley still around ?

Bruce Peck
    Participant

http://www.foxvalleykart.com/

I’ve seen John at a number of Enduro races the last couple of years.  He was at MIS in Sept.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Thanks, and best of luck with your hunt on finding the name of the chassis, wish i knew more about old stuff like that 🙁

NHKA member, yamaha pipe sr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication