Home Forums General Karting Discussion Bought a used starter – What battery do you recommend

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Spedding 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bob Spedding
    Participant

So I was having trouble with my old starter so I purchased a used(new to me) Coleman starter.  It looks similiar to the one in the link https://cometkartsales.com/Coleman-Left-Hand-Self-Contained-Gear-Reduction-Starter-with-Battery.html

What battery do you recommend???  I see so many different types that I want to make sure to order the best one for this starter.  I see Comet has a battery for $55 +shipping. Should I just order that or am I better off looking locally( AutoZone, O’Rielly, etc).

Any direction you can give me would be appriciated.

Thanks

tony zambos
    Participant

I’ve heard of people having good luck buying batteries from a battery store. I haven’t. Recommend purchasing from Comet.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Bob Spedding
    Participant

Thanks. Is there a certain brand or part number I need to look for or certain amount of CCA’s(Cold Cranking Amps)?

Bob Spedding
    Participant

I found a Duralast CTX7A-BS at my local Auto Zone(59.99).  Do you think that do the job?  Just making sure I buy the right one.  Nothing worse than getting to the grid and the kart not starting.  🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication