Home Forums Road Racing BLACKHAWK SHIFTER GEARING

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Duensing 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

joe cento
    Participant

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; background-color: #efefef;”>I need to know a general starting gearing for blackhawk for STOCK MOTO.</span>

thanks

joe

tony zambos
    Participant

Joe,

If no one has PM’ed you, try Jim Perry at CKT, http://cktracing.com/

James McMahon
    Participant

17:22, 18:23,  19:20 will get you started. 18:23 probably closest to ideal.
    Basically you are gearing for around 103-105.
    This is a handy sheet you can use to run some numbers.

joe cento
    Participant

thanks Tony for reply.

thanks James for the info,i will check the sheet out..this is gonna be my 1st time going to Black Hawk and i watched some videos and they were hauling.haha

thanks for everything

Brian Duensing
    Participant

Hi Joe,  You will enjoy Blackhawk, it’s a great track.  I raced the G 125 class, 410 lbs, over 35.  I usually ran  20/25 gearing.  I ended up with a 100 mph ± a MPH or two at the end of the straight.  A good lap time is 1:14-1:15 in that class.  The CIK class, 185 lbs, no age limit.  Will run about 1:13 laps.  I guessing they run around a 20/24 gear.

You may want to consider joining one of the clubs that will be helping at the race. Either CES or RVKC.  If you join RVKC ($50.00) you will be eligible to win a toolbox at the drivers meeting on Sunday.  RVKC members also do not have to pay to rent a transponder.  RVKC will also be paying out money for one of the races on Sunday.  Top RVKC member will win $125.00,  second RVKC member will win $75.00 and a random RVKC finisher will win $50.00.  The class will be announced at least two weeks before the race weekend.  Check out their website http://www.rivervalleykartclub.com.

Good luck at the race!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.