Home Forums Shifter Karts Best Shifter Kart Chassis for Tall Driver

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dennis Chappell 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ben Troxler
    Participant

I have a pretty extensive background in karting and have been out for a few years but looking to get back into karting (shifter karts) this year.

I have been looking at used setups and would like your opinion on what chassis is the best (or offer an extended front porch) for a taller driver. I am 6’3″.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

Patrick Roth
    Participant

CRG definitely has an extended front porch kit available.  It’s priced at $345 at Acceleration Karting for a new kit.  With that being said, I’ve seen a lot of tall drivers run without an extended porch just fine (you have the option to remove the foot rests to gain an extra few inches).

I have a complete CRG shifter kart for sale just in case you are interested… 😉

James O’Brien
    Participant

Take a look at this CKR we put together a few months ago for a 6’4″ driver. Extended porch improved his lap times. Let me know if I can help! http://www.eshifterkart.com

www.eshifterkart.com

Dennis Chappell
    Participant

Be sure you need an extended pourch. My son and I are 6’2″ and 6’3″ and have run the extended pourch and liked it better without. There are thing to do to a chassis with out using the extended pourch. Seat and pedals. We run Birel chassis.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication