Home Forums General Karting Discussion Best Helmet for comfort

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Zahorski 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ambrose Buldo
    Participant

Any reccommendtions on any Kart or Cycle helmets that have good clearance between chin and Leatt Neck Brace? In my new Kart I am having issues being able to look down track. If I run without neck protection it is not an issue.  I have issue with both Leatt and foam donut,  Would of course like to continue the run the Leatt.  Seat position is as to mfg spec (Ikart) and kart handle well.  Wondering id there is an inexpensive cycle helmet I can use for practice that has less of a chin lip.

TJ Koyen

The Arai GP/SK series has a pretty small chin bar area compared to some other helmets. And they’re kind of considered the gold standard for auto/karting helmets.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Peter Zambos
    Participant

Agreed that the Arai works well, as I’ve used both GP and SK models with the Leatt. Recently I’ve been using a Shoei X12. There’s a little more clearance, and the ventilation is better. However, the x12 feels a little heavier, as Arai isn’t blowing smoke about being able to keep the weight low in the shell. Very little acclimation was needed, though, and I’m very satisfied.  If you go the route of the x12, I can forward the vector file I made for the visor strip.

Michael Zahorski
    Participant

I have an Arai motorcycle helmet that is great, and do recommend, but I think he also asked for inexpensive helmet, which any Arai does cost a few hundred dollars. If you’re looking for a good inexpensive helmet that doesn’t interfere with a neck brace, look into an HJC. They are inexpensive and good quality as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication