Home Forums Road Racing Axle Clutch WTB [resolved]

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Krueger 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Sorry if this isn’t the right place to put this, but I figured I’d shoot in the dark. I’m in the market for an SMC axle clutch, I know they are hard to find used but I’m not looking forward to investing into the new Horstman one, as I do have a tight budget. If anyone here is getting rid of an SMC axle clutch, as long as it has all the parts aside from the friction discs, I would be interested in buying one. I was looking for something around 500$ range, but yeah thanks for atleast giving this a read!

~Ian

NHKA member, yamaha pipe sr

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Ian Krueger.

Mike Peters
    Participant

You probably wont save too much buying one used unless you find a fantastic deal. I bought 3 used ones & by the time I rebuilt them I had more money in each one of  them than the target price of the new Horstman.  But Good luck anyway.  You might try the “Wanted to buy” section of the classified.

Cliff
    Participant

John Copeland at Foxvalley has one for sale.

B-Stock
    Formula100

Ian Krueger
    Participant

thanks guys

Kelly Read
    Participant

Ian,

If your looking for a Horstman, I have 3 left that are 1 1/4″. All fresh. 2 with external adjusters.

Need more info, contact me at 316-218-3645.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Thanks Kelly but, I actually spoke with John at Foxvalley and I was able to snag the SMC. Thanks everyone for the replies, great help 🙂

Christopher Ragan
    Participant

Buy Kelly’s clutches! They’re GOOD.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

weirdly enough, the main reason i went with specifically the SMC is because i found a set of springs and weights for it wehad in our attic a looong time ago, so i just went with that haha. but I did end up finding one but thank you for the offer anyhow!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication