Home Forums Road Racing Atlanta motorsports Park GN

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Peters 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mike Peters
    Participant

Has anyone run a laydown kart at the 2 mile track at Atlanta Motorsports Park where the WKA Grand Nationals will be held in Sept?

Any ideas on gearing?  Looks like a flippin roller coaster.

Jim Fry
    Participant

I ran my Controlled Reed Jet Laydown at AMP for a few test laps in 2013. I had just competed at Kershaw, so I ran with that gear. Based on those few laps I feel you will need approx 4 more teeth than Kershaw. That would put the gear ratio in the range of Grattan.  Hope that helps.  It should be fun!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

Jim,

How about helping us MIDWESTERNERS who plan to go???  As you know, I don’t like to work on them at the track so, BE RIGHT ON!!!!  LOL

Whoops, I probably shouldn’t have let the cat out of the bag telling everyone that MT POCKETS RACING will be at this event.  Sure hate to scare the competition off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Fry
    Participant

Only for the “Man” and my Midwestern friends.  I suggest 7-8 teeth more than   Afton. It is a 2 mile sprint track with big hills!!  Happy Easter to you and your family!!!!

Mike Peters
    Participant

The info would be much more helpful if I knew the gear for Kershaw

Kelly Read
    Participant

Jim,

Thanks my FRIEND!!!  That would be a 5.0 we would run on a Piston port at AMP. Kids run a 4.5 at Afton. Sounds like it could be the same to 2-3 more teeth then Hallett. This could be a fun fun track!!!

Mike,

What class, motor??  If it’s the same package Lindsay ran at Daytona, I would start with a 4.5. I know that Brad runs 6-8 less teeth on his control vs his P.P. at 410#.

Mike Peters
    Participant

Kelly,

Yup I’ll be running the X30. I’m being told to run 3 teeth more than Sportsman on the driver. Smallest driver for the motor is an 18. gonna need some serious weight for the clutch.

Mike Peters
    Participant

Jim or anyone else,

Know of any video from a kart or from a kart perspective?

Here is one from the bumper of a sports car

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Mike Peters.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication