Home Forums General Karting Discussion Arrow AX-8 weight distribution

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bob Spedding
    Participant

I have been looking on line and cant seem to find anything that says anything about weight distribution.  I was hoping to find something that said how much weight should be at the front and how much should be at the back. Like 47% to the front and 53% to the rear or something.

Thanks and look forward to your help.

TJ Koyen

Generally, we shoot for 41-43% front weight on all our karts.

A taller driver will be able to work with less front weight since they can rotate the kart with their body. A smaller driver needs more front weight to compensate for lack of transferrable body weight in the seat to “tip” the kart and rotate it.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Bob Spedding
    Participant

Thanks. My son is about 5’8″ inches tall and about 160lbs. Do you still think that he should have between 41-43% front weight?? Thank you and do you know if there is any documentation online that will show me this?  Just trying to understand as much as I can.

Thanks

Gary Lawson
    Participant

I would be closer to 44 if it is low hp like s can

TJ Koyen

+1 to Gary’s comment. I tend to think in terms of TaG weight/power. For Yamaha it’s slightly different and higher front weight is usually needed.

If you don’t already have the Arrow Tuning Manual, I’d recommend looking at that. It’s got a ton of great information in it.

http://www.dpekarttechnology.com/arrowkarts/index.php/technical/downloads

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication