Home Forums Shifter Karts Any shifters in Bay area want to club race?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jack Cook 22 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ben Lewis
    Participant

I’m trying to start up some interest in bringing shifters to Stockton CA for their club races in 2017. Yes, I know there are more shifter friendly tracks in the bay but I was quite disappointed to be the ONLY shifter at the last club race. The reason I’m doing Stockton club races is cost and ease. We are run in the ‘open class’ so it is less strict and cost effective. My goal is to have fun and have a little competition. However it’s not as fun or competitive when you’re by yourself!

125’s,  80’s …whatever you’ve got collecting dust. Take the winter to get things freshened up and ready for spring. Do some google, find their website (I can’t promote) and see if it interests you. Even if you only show up for 1 or 2 races that’s great! The schedule for 2017 is not up yet but there is still good info out there. If you’ve been thinking about racing this is a good start.

PLEASE NOTE: make sure that you are following WKA and track rules, you still need to be teched and safe in operation. Please do some research and make sure you have a race ready kart. If we all show up rude and unprepared it will be pointless and hurt the class. Please comment I hope we can get a discussion going and get questions answered. Thanks!

" Turd Ferguson is real and he will pass your a** "

Robert Tifft
    Participant

I’m located in San Jose and getting into stock moto. I’ll race at any track that has a consistent field. At the moment, I’m most likely going to race at Sonoma this season.

Bob

Ben Lewis
    Participant

Cool Bob thanks for the reply. You say you’re getting into stock moto? That’s basically what I run. Except I use Wiseco rebuilds cause they’re cheaper. Have you ever run a full series before, moving from TAG?

My whole point is I know that Infineon will always be a better track esp for the shifters. But, because right now shifters are run in the ‘open’ class at Stockton the rules are a lot more flexible so it’s a great venue to shakedown your setup or have fun racing on a budget. Problem is there is no consistent shifter field except me. I’ll be doing at least 6 events hopefully more. Hope you make it out to at least one race!

Dave Holstein
    Participant

I know you already have your engine package, and don’t know either of your ages, but IMHO, the 80 Masters (32 and up) class at Sonoma  should be considered.

Ben Lewis
    Participant

Ok I feel like the point is being missed here. Yes I know about Sonoma and I go there all the time. I also know about every track and series run in CA. This thread is for people who might be interested in showing up w/ their shifter for some more relaxed, fun, and cheaper racing at STOCKTON. All shifters right now are being run in the open class and as of the last race I was the only shifter in a field of 40-50! The point is I don’t want to have to pay the huge cost of a race weekend in any of the major series not to mention to get a legal engine package would be 3-5K alone. I know there are plenty of weekend warriors out there looking for a chance to dust off that 80 or 125 shifter (heck bring your Tags) and race without going through the huge cost to be competitive in the major series and chasing points.

Jack Cook
    Participant

I would be willing to come with my 80 to stockton. Norcal shifters is running 6 races at the smaller tracks. Stockton is one of them. I can never find the schedule for stockton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication