Home Forums Rotax Max Any new on the new cylinders ?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christian Fox 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tom Sabiel
    Participant

Has anyone heard any updates about the new cylinder or ignition system updates for juniors. When will they be avaialable? Pricing ? How do they perform compared to the current spec items.

Christian Fox
    Participant

Hi Tom. The new cylinders and ECUs are being released only to those who have registered for the Florida Winter Tour. I guess they have limited availability, so they are making them available to those who need/want them first. They haven’t said when they will be available to everyone.

I don’t know of anyone who has gotten one, so it’s not clear how they perform. I think it is safe to assume they will be unequivocally better than average to good current stuff, but how they compare to the best current stuff remains to be seen. Also complicating matters is whether or not you can combine new/old cylinders with new/old ECUs. Initially it seemed as though you could use any combo you wanted. Now I am being told you can only use a new ECU with the new cylinder. I guess we’ll have to wait for the new rules to come out. If that is the case, it will be a headache for any local racing, where tech will have to monitor cylinder/ECU combos for all the Micro/Mini/Junior classes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication