Home Forums Shifter Karts After carb tuning test run

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  James O’Brien 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Robert Henderson
    Participant

hey guys,

if you looked at my last post you’ll be aware of some of the issues I’ve had but I got my kart running this weekend and needed to do some carb tuning. That said, I couldn’t talk myself into driving an hour to the track to test it out so I did some local driving.

Based on how it sounds can you guys hear anything from the engine that you can give me feedback on? I just ordered a full jet kit online as I’m still having trouble having it keep idle at low speeds coming off throttle.

https://youtu.be/FxsnX8rG-C8

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

First of all———-keep your kart OFF the streets!!!  You’re giving EVERYONE on this site and kart racing in general a BAD name!

I doubt anyone will help you!  Take the kart to a kart track.

Clark Gaynor Sr.

Matt Martin
    Participant

First of all———-keep your kart OFF the streets!!! You’re giving EVERYONE on this site and kart racing in general a BAD name! I doubt anyone will help you! Take the kart to a kart track. Clark Gaynor Sr.

quoting for posterity.

Just have a look at the level of a car or truck’s ride-height.  Add in any inexperience in karts.  Multiply number of missed items from a rigorous at-the-track tech inspection.  Multiply by a kart’s lack of visibility to cars.  You have roughly calculated likelihood of death, or at best serious injury.

I wish there was a local track within an hour of driving for me.

Robert Henderson
    Participant

First of all———-keep your kart OFF the streets!!! You’re giving EVERYONE on this site and kart racing in general a BAD name! I doubt anyone will help you! Take the kart to a kart track. Clark Gaynor Sr.

Thanks for your input but I’m not driving an hour and paying $55 just to do some carb tuning.

Also, I’d like to think the general population is smart enough to notice the difference between driving a kart on the street and Kart Racing. That is unless you believe that people think driving a car fast on the street gives NASCAR a bad name?

When you see me being reckless and breaking the rules of the road, go ahead and whine but I followed all basic traffic laws and the only person I endangered in that situation was myself, which I believe I have the right to do. If you have a chance to get off your horse you may understand.

Greg Wright
    Participant

As far as I know all kart racing sanctioning bodies will take away your license or membership if they find out somehow that you ran a kart on a public street.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.
    Vintage B-Stock Pilot
    "When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Timothy Strawkas
    Participant

You can not predict what A kart is going to do when things go bad On A track, Let alone A dirty, crowded street.

http://ekartingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/From-the-Tower-USPKS-New-Castle-Venberg-Settles.jpg

Your driving On the street is terrible and A shifter motor can not be tuned in this manner. If you cant afford the $55 now skip the extra large fry for A week or two. Then you can. Your life is more important then the 55 you saved. A day having problems at the track teaches you way more then A good day at the track(or weeks in A hospital bed).

Have A good day.

Matt Martin
    Participant

Thanks for your input but I’m not driving an hour and paying $55 just to do some carb tuning. Also, I’d like to think the general population is smart enough to notice the difference between driving a kart on the street and Kart Racing. That is unless you believe that people think driving a car fast on the street gives NASCAR a bad name? When you see me being reckless and breaking the rules of the road, go ahead and whine but I followed all basic traffic laws and the only person I endangered in that situation was myself, which I believe I have the right to do. If you have a chance to get off your horse you may understand.

Just so we understand, you’re quoting the guy that works really hard to help kids and adults get into affordable, safe karting up and down the mid-Atlantic.  he’s been around a while and is one of the most helpful, down-to-earth fellas you’ll find in the paddock.  His advice isn’t just some unfounded soap-box preaching.

James O’Brien
    Participant

I hope you get your kart and carb running properly Robert, but please keep it on the track, the $55 practice fee is worth paying while testing your carb adjustments. If you need further help please feel free to call your local shifter kart shop or I will be more than happy to help you.

This just happened near Buffalo in July, prayers to his family:

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2017/07/22/niagara-falls-man-dies-go-kart-accident.html

If you have a few questions call me and I will be happy to help you free of charge, seriously I’m happy to help, the money saved you can spend at the track. 208.384.KART (5278)

www.eshifterkart.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.