Home Forums Shifter Karts adding front brakes to a chassis???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Rutter 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chuck hurlbert
    Participant

I am looking for a newer chassis over the winter.  what does it take to add front brakes to a chassis.  is assembly based off the front hubs or off the front spindles?  I know some front brakes are brand specific like CRG, is tony kart?????    do other assemblies interchange like top kart, intrepid, OTK?

I am trying to buy a new chassis, looking at something similar to a ’10 intrepid but I cant find many with front brakes and the ones with out have generally been cheaper even considering 6-700 for a new front brake assembly.  I know stuff will need to be welded on for a shifter but that’s easy enough.

thoughts??

PS: if you have a chassis or know of one in the northwest let me know.  from what I have seen my budget fits a 2010-12 chassis as long as its not CRG.

Matt Dixon
    Participant

Chk your PMs

Michael Rutter
    Participant

The front brakes requires a different spindle that has Tabs for the caliper along with new front hubs to mount the brake rotor to, also you need a second master cylinder. I haven’t done it myself but I’ve heard it could be anywhere areound $800-$1000+

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.