Home Forums General Karting Discussion A Real Karting Life: (ep 5) So Close Yet So Far

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  matthew odonnell 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

matthew odonnell
    Participant

Warning Wife has a Vibrant Vocabulary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64WluH9kFMU

I’m not usually one to yell at my driver on the sidelines and give them hand signals and what not. That may be due to the fact that there’s not often a tight ‘battle’ situation getting my inner cheerleader going or the fact that I recognize they can’t hear me anyway. Either way, it happened at Adams. Matt was running really well and he qualified third so I was stoked, to say the least.  It was Heat 1 and I was watching from up in the tower so I could see the whole track. I am still trying to figure out if that was beneficial to my heart or not, some of those areas get sketchy! Anyway, he was leading the way with 3-4 karts behind him for ¾ of the heat. He looked cool as a cucumber but I was a wreck up in the tower! I couldn’t stand still, I was jumping up and down (bad move, that thing is rickety), I was yelling at Matt very sternly every time he shifted or turned a corner. The incident with kart 77 got me! I thought he was done at that point but he held it together in True Racer style and pushed on. I didn’t even notice the 105* weather anymore! I was so incredibly proud of him for holding it together with all those guys trying to get past him for the majority of the race. I shouldn’t be surprised since Matt does well under pressure (thank you Marine Corps) but watching from the outside was torturous! Nice racing fellow S3ers!

Until next time,

MTR

(the Wife is a lot better at writing then I am)

Porsche Driving Instructor, Sim-Racing Expert, Shifter Kart Novice and a Former Marine

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication