Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 40 mm vs 50mm axle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Gaynor Sr. 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Was at Rock Island this year and almost all 206’s were running 40 mm axles … What is the advantage? At my small track 50 mm seams to do ok..

Clark Gaynor Sr.

John, generally speaking, the less HP you have, the less stiffness you need.  So a 40 mm axle will generally be less stiff then a 50.  A 28mm frame less stiff then a 32.

The Euro folks are now making 4 cycle, low HP karts.  The tend to be 28 mm frames with 40mm axles.  I believe Margay makes one as well.

We put a 206 on an old Intrepid 32 mm X 50 mm axled shifter chassis!  There was NOooooo way we could free it up enough!!  We just put an older TopKart with a 28 mm frame and 40 mm axle together- haven’t run it yet.  But I suspect it will be MUCH freer!!!  I’ll let you know next year!

By the same token, it’s very unlikely a 28 mm frame would work well with a Stock Honda shifter either!

Hope that helps.  But I’m sure someone with a lot more knowledge then me could better answer your question.

Clark Gaynor Sr.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication