Home Forums 250 Superkarts 250 racing info wanted

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Morrison 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Matthew Corrie
    Participant

Good Day; please forgive the entry level question, as this is my first post. Finding current information online hasn’t been as simple as I’d hoped, but is there an organized series for 250’s? Is there a “big event” you just show up to or is there an invitational? Are there any events in Canada? I have been involved in Karting for many years (been away for a few now as well), and would like to start racing 250’s, just don’t know where that is.

thanks,

Matt

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - Choose 2

Gregory Stamm
    Participant

Matt,

250 racing is a little thin right now.  There is not a 250 Group that is running any races.  There are a few of us that run with the Dart Kart Club at there events.  If you are from Canada, I suggest you contact Sandy McNie or Roger Lockey, they are in the Toronto area and have 250 karts and come down to race with us.

Matthew Corrie
    Participant

Hi Gregory – thanks for the reply. I had assumed the ranks had thinned out and I appreciate the contacts. Yes, I’m in Canada and had anticipated running south to race. Is there still races at Laguna or Road America?

thanks again

Matt

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - Choose 2

Jack Cook
    Participant

Yes NCK runs a lungna in Jan each year

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I would love to see you at our races on the left coast!  Laguna happens once a year for a one day club race, usually in January or February (only time we can get the track and at 92db maximum noise level).  In the past we held races along with sports cars or motorcycles but this has not happened in years and probably will not.  I am racing in Shelton, WA on June 3rd (practice day) and 4th (race day) at “The Ridge” a wonderful track that combines many attributes similar to Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceways including the “corkscrew” and “carousel”.  Please consider attending our left coast club races where we have 10 -20 drivers in the superkart classes.  I have listed the left coast racing schedule in the Roadracing forum on this website.

Cheers

Larry Dobbs

John Benson
    Participant

Hi Larry, not to change the subject but why is it there may not be any more superkart “spectator events” at Laguna again? What happened ?

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Hi John, there are only so many minutes of track time and they are for sale to the highest bidder, which unfortunately leaves us in the paddock!  It is more complicated than this, but this is the biggest reason.  We are still trying to get a support race (Anthony W. contacts the track and people who might help us get added to their events like Wayne R.) but the odds are low.

So, I hope that everyone will try to make our club races there!!

http://www.nckroadracing.com

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Larry Dobbs.

Mark Morrison
    Participant

M & M Racing and NCK would like to formally announce the 2017 “Corkscrew Spring Nationals at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca”
    This special event will be spread over 2 days on March 25 & 26 of 2017.
    We will have access to the paddock beginning Friday evening of the 25th. Paddock camping will be available for both Friday and Saturday nights. Garages will be available.
    NCK is currently working on a race schedule and class structure along with pricing for this event. NCK wishes to make this a special weekend with a number of special races and classes over the course of the weekend. As in the past this will be a 92 db sound day. We are actively seeking class and event sponsors. If you are interested please contact an NCK board member.

Events of this magnitude don’t happen very often, make your plans now to attend what is likely to be the marquee event for western road racing in 2017.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication