May 17, 2017 at 8:45 am #81759
Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom
registration open for 23rd annual event in September
ROCK ISLAND, Ill. – Registration is now open for the 2017 Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom, to be held Sept. 1-3, 2017 through the city streets of Rock Island, Ill.
To enter please do one of the following:
1) Go to Raceday, log in and update your driver account. This is where you provide updated address, phone number, email, transponder number, kart number, insurance carrier, as well as chassis/engine/tire data. You can do that here:
Or you can access it through the Competitor’s Page at the Rock Island Grand Prix website, rockislandgrandprix.com
Once you have done that you can proceed to the 2017 Event Sign-In
2) You can also print off a pdf version of the entry form, fill it out and mail it in with your check. You can find that here:
This year we have dropped the two Clone Classes. In their place:
1) Due to the success of providing competitors more practice time and another chance to win by running a second Yamaha and Briggs 206 class on the same tires, we have added the same opportunity for 125 Open Shifters.
2) We have added a Margay Ignite Masters class which will run at the same weight at the Briggs 206 Masters. Also this year we have set the same age for all of our Masters classes at age 35.
3) We will continue to offer the 80cc shifter class.
There have also been other minor rules adjustments so as always we encourage you to review the Supplemental Rules which can be accessed through our website or can be found here:
Once again this year Briggs & Stratton is supporting our B&S 206 racers by paying $100 of the entry fee on the second B&S 206 class entered. This discount is available to the first 30 registrants only (one to a customer). To utilize this discount you will have to enter the Coupon Code in your entry. The code is Briggs2017 which can also be found by clicking the Discounts link in the Raceday toolbar.
This year, the Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom will operate under a United States Auto Club (USAC) license. Licensing is especially important for foreign drivers who wish to compete at Rock Island without risk of having punitive action taken in their home country as a result of competing in a non-sanctioned event.
Also new this year, no entries will be accepted after Heat races have been run.
As always we are ready to answer any questions you have. More information can be found at rockislangrandprix.com . See you in September!
July 11, 2017 at 2:26 pm #83465
- This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Roger Ruthhart.
Vega tires and TS Racing have announced $5,600 in contingency awards for drivers winning on Vega tires at the 2017 Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom.
Vega Tire will award $350 per class to racers on Vega Tires. Class winners on four Vega Tires will receive a check for $200. Second place finishers on four Vega Tires will receive a $100 gift certificate. Third place finishers on four Vega Tires will receive a $50 gift certificate.
TS Racing, the Vega Tire importer for the United States, is also offering a special pricing program for this year’s event. The world class CIK/WSK homologated Vega XM 460/710 tire set is reduced to $189.00.
The popular FH Blue 460/710 tire set will be $155.00.
Vega has all competitors covered with a wide selection of tire compounds, including 6-inch Yellow or Whites and the popular VAH Red 206 tire. Check out the Vega Tire selection at TSRacing.com or call 800-962-4108 and speak to a representative.
July 14, 2017 at 10:32 am #83569
- This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Roger Ruthhart.
LeCont announced tire contingency program for Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom
LeCont Tires and importer WR Motorsports have announced LeCont’s contingency program for the 2017 Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom. LeCont is also the sponsor of this year’s King of the Streets open shifter race at Rock Island.
Drivers who win on four LeCont tires will receive a LeCont jacket and a set of tires. The awards will be presented to qualified winners in the following classes only: Yamaha Medium, Yamaha Heavy 1, Yamaha Heavy 2, B&S 206 Medium, B&S 206 Heavy 1, B&S 206 Heavy 2, B&S 206 Masters, TAG Senior, TAG Masters, King of Streets Open shifter, Masters 125 shifter, Open Shifter 2, 80cc Shifter.
Founded by two brothers, Sergio and Valter Cont, motorsports and technology enthusiasts, LeCont s.r.l. is a located in the Trentino area in the north of Italy and is producer of competition tires and high performance compounds.
Begun in 1993, after having made its debut in the motorcycle sector, LeCont positioned itself as one of the leaders in the karting world, before starting its experience in race car competitions.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Roger Ruthhart.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
EKN Editorial Search
EKN Editorial Directory
- e – SWAG
- EKN CANADA
- Briggs Racing
- Can-Am Karting Challenge
- Challenge Of The Americas
- Florida Winter Tour
- International Kart Federation
- Los Angeles Karting Championship
- Rock Island Grand Prix
- Rok Cup USA
- Route 66 Sprint Series
- Superkarts! USA
- Texas ProKart Challenge
- United States Pro Kart Series
- United States Rotax Max Challenge
- World Karting Association