Home Forums Road Racing 2017 Laguna Seca weekend

This topic contains 39 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Dobbs 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

If you are into 125 Shifter Karts this race would be worth the price just to watch! Some really fast people are entered.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Hi Ray, we are over 250 entries from all over the US!  Although they are not entered yet (like the 125 racers{thanks!})  I estimate 40 unlimited, IC-E, FKE-III and Unlimited entries will be coming!  Lots of groups of racers from various clubs around the country are planning together to make this the best race I have attended in the last quarter century!

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

Things are looking lean for the Tag Heavy class!! Come on West Coast Tag guys and girls!!

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

NCK would like to thank everyone who has entered already.  Please check your email that was sent to you when you entered to ensure you have:

1.  paid for the number of days and classes each day that you want to race and

2.  compare your entry to dlb’s web site and confirm that you got it right.

something this important deserves a second look!

Jim White
    Participant

Jim White
    Participant

Jeff Salak
    Participant

Why is Tag heavy with 250 karts? I was thinking about coming out from Chicago. But I’m not going to race on a track with karts that can run 40 mph faster. You wont even know they are coming up on you. 40 plus entries in that class. Let them have the track to themselves for that race.
    Why not put Tag Heavy in race 6?

Jim White
    Participant

We are restricted by the track to 40 on course at any one time. Race 6 is maxxed at 40 entries.

The tags are mixed in for just the one Saturday race. Most of our normal club race days are one day events where we have to be schedule creative. The Tags and 250’s play nice with each other on these days with no problems. Almost all of our 250’s are ICE singles, not the rippin’ twins you have back there. That makes a difference too. Nowhere near 40 mph closing speeds.

We also offer 125/150 open classes which are a catch all 3rd and 4th entry for 100’s, 80’s, Tags, 125 shifters etc. Many Tags are registered in these classes too.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

HEY! It looks like the weather is going to cooperate and I got my racing info packet in the mail yesterday!  I am so fired up about racing with all these racers from all over the country. Can’t wait to meet all my fellow karting fanatics.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Haven’t seen anything about Race Monitor. Will it be utilized?

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Mark Morrison
    Participant

Laguna is tricky on Wi Fi if at all  possible we will have Race monitor up

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Race Monitor is up. Thanks

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Once again Race Monitor makes it almost as good as being there. Thanks.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

JeremyLightwine
    Participant

Hard to believe it’s been a week already.  I would like to thank Mark Morrison and everyone else from NCK that put on this event.  It was a great time meeting new people and racing on a new track.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

NCK will return to Laguna Seca in 2018. The date is March 24-25 so put it down on your calendar. We will start an event page soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication