Home Forums Road Racing 2014 Race Schedule for NCK

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Dobbs 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

NCK 2014 Racing Schedule

Friday March 28th  at Thunderhill

Saturday April 19th at Willowsprings (with others)

Saturday May 24th at Buttonwillow

Saturday June 21st at Willowsprings (with others)

Sat and Sun July 19,20th at Laguna Seca (with others)

Friday August 1st at Thunderhill

Saturday September 20th at Willowsprings (with others)

Saturday November 29th at Sonoma

John Benson
    Participant

Looks great Larry, can you say what group and sound level for Laguna?

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

92 db

The other group will be automobiles.

John Benson
    Participant

92? Can a 250 do that? Is the normal level 103?

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Yes but you have to use a big silencer and an intake air box.

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

So Laguna is a definite go?? What a great replacement for COTA!!

Jim White
    Participant

John 92db is what we have had to meet both years we had our own standalone day. The ALMS weekends for the 250’s were unlimited. Last year we had 3 people bounced for noise. 2-250’s and a Yamaha. The yamaha made no attempt at all at quieting his down.

As for limits Laguna will have a definite kart limit. This was something that came together very quickly and at the last minute. We are still working to iron out all the details.

Willow Springs events will also have kart limits but they will be much easier to deal with.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Club membership renewal is open.  Membership includes your annual kart number so if you have a number preference you need to register before some one else takes your number because there will be one number to one member this year.  I have just registered as a member and for the number 11, for example.

Also, if you want to place an add in our online business directory that comes with your membership too.  You need to let me know in an email if you do.  Let’s give our business to fellow karters who advertise in our club website!

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

Does Kart Limits mean to sound db or the number of karts allowed?

Jim White
    Participant

Laguna has a 92 db limit. Willow Springs has no limit I’m aware of or we’ve ever had a problem with.

Both events will have a limit on the number of karts that can run the event.

Jason Santander
    Participant

I’m only planning running Laguna & Sonoma. I dont want to be a member for the whole year. I can register for each track and pay for one day membership only? Or can i only register if x amount of members register but the maximum entry hasnt been filled?  please clarify

Jim White
    Participant

The Sonoma race will have no limits on karts as usual and will be open to all.

We are still working on Laguna details. There is a limit imposed upon us on the total number of karts allowed. Priority will go to paid yearly members first as they are the ones who support the club on a regular basis. If that does not fill the field we will open it up to others. We wish it was our day and we had more control. Unfortunately we dont and this is the fairest way to do it for our members.

Bill Cox
    Participant

Hoorah!  It’s a reasonable way to encourage participation and support for the NCK BOD sticking their collective necks on the line to host pricey events.  $75 to insure I get a place in the registration line with fellow members, ahead of those that cherry-pick what events they will attend, is fair.  IMO.  That said from the perspective of a fellow that drives a minimum of 6+ hours (each way) to support/race NCK events.  If we don’t support NCK, we won’t always have a road race place to race.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

Stand by for the official word from NCK because some of the details have not been finished yet.  Mark will let you know as soon as he can and thanks for all your enthusiasm.  I can’t wait to go racing again!

Mark Morrison
    Participant

Thanks Bill, you said it for me and yes Laguna will be 2014 membership and points earned  to enter. We have a kart limit of  45 karts per group. Group 1 Will be Cr125 stock moto, 25 karts 20 IC/E Karts will run both days

group 2 will be 2nd entry and 80,s Tags on down the list 45 karts max and run Sat only.

The official format is in the final stages and will be posted on the NCK website.

For you SO-CAL racers we have 4 races in your backyard so blow the dust off and join us we come south in part to give you a chance to run more then once a year. and we have 4 races in the north state as well

Mark Morrison, NCK

Ray Chiappe
    Participant

How many runs each day??

Mark Morrison
    Participant

Details well  be posted in about week

Mark Morrison,NCK

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

From Joe Street’s post:

Video preview of West Coast Superkart Schedule including Northern California Karters races and Portland Karting Association races.

<span style=”color: #003399;”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myf6dUf1jxc</span&gt;

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

5 weeks until our 1st race at Thunderhill :)  Everybody up here in Sacramento is working on their karts so they will be ready.

Tip for the day:  Check your rims to make sure that they are still round.  Let’s see how many will be as surprised as I was to find out that some are not round anymore! Of course you have to balance your wheels as well.

Larry Dobbs
    Participant

one week and we are racing woohoo:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.