Home Forums General Karting Discussion 2013 Italkart Rapido Chassis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Al Attles 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Todd Wood
    Participant

Just curious if anyone could give me some feedback on this chassis. I found a lightly used one and was thinking of buying it. Using it to practice TAG a little and race LO206.

Thanks for any feedback.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

I would be ready to get two 30mm body clamps and cut that front cross bar so you can remove for LO206 then replace for tag.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Jack Cook
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>I have two Rapido’s one 2013 and 2015. How much do you weigh.  r</p>

Todd Wood
    Participant

I weigh about 200 lbs. 5′ 10′. Do you have four stokes on any of yours. The website says that the elite was built for clone and LO206, but I don’t see why a LO206 wouldn’t fit on a rapido.

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

I’ve had confirmation from Italian Motors that they recommend the Rapido V for 4-stroke applications.  If you go to their website, they often have used 4-cycle packages advertised on the Rapido frames.

No need to do any cutting of anything (maybe if you have a mid-00’s Rapido, but not a 2013).  Run a soft axle in the rear.

Al Attles
    Participant

What is the minimum front track width which can be set on the Rapido?  From the photos, the spindle and hub appear to be set very wide.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication