Home Forums Shifter Karts 2013 CRG Black Star 125 shifter

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cory-Milne 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Gregg Palmer
    Participant

Will the Black Star work well as a 125 Honda stock shifter?

Oscar Aguilera
    Participant

no one has answered you so i will try.  IMO the softer chassis is not ideal for the 125 shifter class….UNLESS….you a very short…or light….like a 150# or less driver….or a jr shifter class kart.

that doesnt mean it wont work and if the price is right for a used one…..i can make it work!  but if you are a big guy…i would recommend the all 32 chassis from CRG  there are plenty of companies that feature a 30/32 chassis for the 125 class,,,,but  IMO those chassis usually run stiffer axles than you would in a 32 mm chassis. that is not necessarily a bad thing…… ive seen both up front with different set ups and both equally as fast.  and if you are fairly new to it…then there isnt much difference because your learning curve will be equally as steep in either size…any make chassis.

just my opinion

Gregg Palmer
    Participant

Thanks Oscar,

I am getting a great price and I haven’t been a kart for about 6 years. I can get a stiffer axle and run torsion bars and other things to stiffen it up if needed. In a high traction situation I have been told that the kart should be really good.

Gregg

Stephen Lamana
    Participant

Thanks Oscar, I am getting a great price and I haven’t been a kart for about 6 years. I can get a stiffer axle and run torsion bars and other things to stiffen it up if needed. In a high traction situation I have been told that the kart should be really good. Gregg

I ran a 2011 Blackstar shifter for a season. It was super twitchy. We eventually got it figured out, LOTS of castor, M20 axle and 105mm hubs, 4 seat struts. But thats coming from me (130lb driver). Depending on your weight and seat position you should be fine.

Cory-Milne
    Participant

greg

the black star actually works really really well as a shifter I know quite a few people who use them in the top levels of the skusa shifter bracket. I ran a black star in S1 in skusa and did very well qualifying p3 in one event and always it the top 5. I actually don’t run any castor at all and run a heavy axle with standard hubs. My kart is chassis is actually for sale on ekn right now with one race on it. Once you get the kart figured out it is cake to tune and wicked fast.

Gregg Palmer
    Participant

Thanks you guys for the input. I am excited to get back in a kart and have always wanted a CRG.

Cory, Why are you selling your Black Star?

Cory-Milne
    Participant

I race S1 which is the pro shifter class in Skusa and I am just getting a new 2014 chassis for the next race season. I usually use a chassis for one race then sell it to stay on a fresh chassis. There is nothing wrong with the chassis at all, its pretty much brand new, its all figured out and has all the good stuff on it. It rolls really well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.