Home Forums General Karting Discussion 2012 otk kart fuel tank problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Does anybody know if you can put a 3 liter fuel tank in a 2012 otk kart? I have check on this and have been told you can’t. However my son has a hard time driving because his legs hit the one that is in there now which is a 8.5 liter size.  If anyone can help on knowing if a 3 liter or aftermarket one would fit I would greatly appreciate it because I am out of ideas

Taylor Young
    Participant

I have a Tony Kart EVR and EVRR and I use a Righetti Ridolfi 3 liter tank just fine.  It fits just fine. I added a little bit bigger spacer on the bolt between the tank and the rail but that’s it.

http://sharkshifter.com/zc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=323_21&products_id=1504&zenid=59d2bdbde6034b35919cd0c3a960859b

Daniel White
    Participant

I had to get get rid of my stock OTK fuel tank because it leaked at the place where the plastic bracket screwed into the tank. This was an issue on those tanks from my understanding. Anyway, I got the KG 3.5 liter tank ($45) and the bracket ($6). One of the upsides is that with the space I saved, I can put a 5 lb weight in front of the tank if I need to.

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Thank you for the replies.  I  might try the 3 liter tank since I know it will fit.  Has anyone ever tried the otk kart 3 liter tank. They make one for the 2013 model and it looks like it would fit the 2012.

Taylor Young
    Participant

I’d contact a Tony Kart dealer. A lot of of them are busy this week with supernationals but I’m sure they could help you out with it.

Brock Weiss
    Participant

I did contact three otk dealers and they all said the only tank that would fit in there is the oem 8.5 liter tank that is in there now. Which is why I was hoping I could see if anyone actually had a 3 liter tank installed in their otk karts because I can’t believe that you Can’t put something else in there.

Taylor Young
    Participant

Weird, Like I mentioned before I use one just fine,  Righetti Ridolfi parts cost less than OTK too.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

They make small aluminum tanks you can bolt on the belly pan.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication