Home Forums Shifter Karts Engines!!! Reply To: Engines!!!

Matt Martin
Participant

I would like to keep this along the lines of racing on kart tracks. You road racing guys see way more rpms then the short track guys.

as Clark said, you have those in the opposite order.

I would like to say I’m not trying to kill shifter kart racing. I’m just adding my opinion. That’s why companies have research and development departs. And it said HPD research and development, meaning they need to work out some stuff. (talk to them this would be a good time) I said nothing about going 4 stroke! Just show you what (I’m guessing Hondas future for shifter kart racing)

I have worked in R&D my entire adult career, I know quite well how they work.

You posted a link to 4-strokes with no context – hence me asking what’s the point?  They’re the opposite of affordable. I think Honda is happy to just sell some easy-to-manufacture parts with no real assembly work and little to no repercussions on their larger business – if they weren’t you’d have guessed in ~20 years, they’d have tried to do something, anything different.

The future of shifter kart racing is made by the organizations who set the rules – if you want to race,  you have to race in a sanctioned group with a defined set of rules.  That’s why I told  you to view the existing thread about SKUSA’s potential direction in the future.

And no, the most I know about manufacturing is CAD software! As for a public liaison, I guess I’m entry-level and hired my self. I’ve been watching this sport for years and don’t like certain things. FYI, Honda has a 2018 CRF 125 for $3,000, I think I might pick one up after I get my kart.  And Matt, I love that your having fun and I wish you happiness in this sport. But sorry, I don’t race for fun !!!

Again, Clark got this one correct: if you’re not having fun, what’s the point?  I guess it’s easy to win when you’re making up your own rules and racing among  yourself.

it seems you’re trying to develop something without knowing the very basics involved with the supply chain and market dynamics.  if you want to change things you first need to have a business case (how to make it profitable).  Then you have to convince everyone your business case is better than others out there.  Then, you have to show that the racing will be entertaining and close.

Get to work!

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication