Home Forums General Karting Discussion Just starting out in karting Reply To: Just starting out in karting

FREDDY SANDOVAL
Participant

Tanzer

Peter is correct

Karting looks easy, but in reality it is very difficult to drive, it’s not the same as driving sports cars, or race cars, they do drive differently.

Driving a shifter kart is very difficult and very fatiguing , not to mention a very steep learning trial, with tuning, gearing, chassis handling, set up and tuning of the chassis alone, it’s way too much work, and you may not have enough time to help your family while you’re trying to figure out your own issues.

A 4 cycle LO206 might be your best choice, so that you can play with your kids, while you’re having fun.

But if you’re sold on shifter karts, then it will be cold turkey, and I say have at it.

There are many options here in this forom on the classifieds from racers that are looking to switch to new equipment, but the biggest factor is so that we can point you in the right direction is:

Find out your local track, club, and see what formula of engine package they run, so that you are legal. Most of us run the SKUSA Legal 01 CR125 Stock Honda package, but there are many other clubs running TM and other ICC engines for their 125cc shifter class.

And if this is the direction you wanna go, you can find many karts here available, I’m actually selling 2 almost brand new packages, my Son runs 125 shifter karts with SKUSA.

Let us know if you are interested, and we can make you a smoken deal. My PM is not working here for whatever reason, so if you want any other additional info you will have to email me at fastracerfreddy@aol.com

Thanks, and welcome to the sport. FastFreddy.