Home Forums General Karting Discussion Need to change this websites name Reply To: Need to change this websites name

Rob Howden
Keymaster

Hi Tim,

For the most part, it comes down to manpower. David was the sole EKN staffer in Daytona and he manned our EKN Trackside Live coverage of the Manufacturers Cup event. There are three unique events going on at once, and it’s financially impossible to have each event staffed with a reporter. It’s just the reality of the business model. If a volunteer were to step up to provide photos and race reports, we could definitely look at that. But, we’ve been doing this for 15+ years and that’s not going to happen.

You asked about dirt coverage, and we just don’t cover dirt. EKN’s editorial focus in on sprint and road racing.

Next year, we have plans for both David and I to be trackside for Kartweek, and I’m planning to have David race as well. With 2x the staff, I’d love to be able to go deeper into the road race side of the facility, as we both love the discipline.

Thank you for clarifying what you’d like to see in terms of road race coverage. There’s only so much we can do, but if we get actual constructive input from our readers, it will help us when we’re planning trackside coverage.

Rob Howden - eKartingNews.com Publisher / Editor - @RobHowden

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication