Home Forums General Karting Discussion Cancellation of Robopong 200, what happened? Reply To: Cancellation of Robopong 200, what happened?

Tim Landon
Participant

You are right Dan, but the problem isn’t that new series keep popping up, its that too many people are cherry picking the easy series to be the next “national champion”. Champion of what? Some of these series have an average of less than 10 entries per class. Parents all want their kids to win big trophies. Make enough series so that everyone can be a winner! Can you blame the series for trying to fill the need? If the parents came to their senses, and participated in a few top level series so they could legitimately lay a claim to being the best, then these little specialty series would drizzle out. As long as people are willing to pay for their own game, the games will exist. And as long as shops are willing to take the money of the parents who want their own game, the series will exist and the shops will follow. The shops are no less at fault here than the series. They are just filling the need that the parents create. And let’s be honest here, its the parents. Everyone knows that the kids comprise the lion’s share of things these days. No sane person would spend the kind of money on themselves to race karts that some of these parents do. When my kid was small, all we wanted to do was race against the best. Things have changed.

You hit the nail right on the head my man.  I know from personal experience working a short while for a National Team.   They provided arrive and drive for a bunch of rich daddy silver spoon spoiled little turds.  It was no fun at all.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication