--> ekartingnews

Home Forums Road Racing KART/WKA @ NCM OCTOBER 23-25 Reply To: KART/WKA @ NCM OCTOBER 23-25

James McMahon
Participant

I can only guide them! Apparently hotspots are a hot commodity at CES races.  I happened to be at one of the Blackhawk this year so I used my phone, otherwise it’s been up to staff on the day at the track.

To me, results are essential, especially on road races where the entry fee for racers tends to be much higher than a sprint track. I think it’s very reasonable for them to expect timely results and ideally a live feed from race monitor. It needs to be a priority for all orgs, including CES.

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”>My feeling is results should be uploaded after each day, as they are always ‘Unofficial’ Post official results to the website, so there is record of it and people can download the PDF later to save for themselves.</span>

That’s what I really like about race hero, it does that automatically at the end of each session (sans PDF’s). I think USPKS used it last year?
I agree, how hard is it to do a mylaps upload after each day too? Yes it’s busy in the tower but all your hard work is for nothing if you cant get folks their results.

Sidenote, I started doing timing for swimming races to get a feel for it. Running that stuff is intense and frantic, 60+ races in 5 hours and there aint no track pickup in between sessions!

ekartingnews