--> ekartingnews

Home Forums General Karting Discussion Finding the fastest driving line part 2… Reply To: Finding the fastest driving line part 2…

Mike Clark
Participant

I may not be the best to offer an opinion but here goes mine. A lot of variables and unknowns also.

” I don’t understand how that is not scubbing their speed but bottom line is…its not as they are faster then me….so..yeah…iam confused to say the least lol.”

I would think the harder the tire(Less Grip) the less likely to scrub off speed. Also from what I understand the electrics have a lot of torque. Not that the sliding is best, but they may have mastered the trade-off.

The most curious thing to me is the turn at the bottom of the map. You have a 90* left after you are on the gas. It seems some speed and time is to be gained their. Then next up you have a 135* right. I am thinking you can make gains in how those two corners interact with each other. Then skip ahead to the next right hander, which seem to have the exact line. All three of these corners lines seem to have a tighter radius than needed in a small portion of the turn.

Your last turn and first turns also look as though the braking points could be moved a bit later and to the right edge edge of the track

Just my speculation based on the diagram.

ekartingnews