Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Engines tm k9b/k9c Reply To: tm k9b/k9c

Adam Gorrell
Participant

BUYER BEWARE

Hows it going EKN Family? So unfortunately there is another situation with this buyer.

I purchased a Swedetech Honda Motor from Dacey 10 days ago on the 19th. We came to an agreement on a price and I paid him via PayPal.

He agreed to ship the motor out on Monday the 20th on his way to work to make sure the motor was here by Thursday or Friday so I could still make my race for the weekend. He messaged me later that day saying he went by his local PostNet to drop it off but was before they opened and he had dropped it off later that day for Tuesday the 21st pickup. After waiting a day or two the Tracking never showed the motor was picked up. I called the office where he said he dropped it off and they said they dont have any record of him shipping anything. At this point I was starting to get a little discouraged about the deal since he claimed to have shipped it. He printed the label at work so all it tells me on FedEx was that the label was created and never picked up.

As soon as this stuff starts to happen another buyer posts on here about a possible bad dealing with him, at this point it really begins to get me nervous. He fills me in on the story and tries to set my mind at ease. After the motor does not update tracking or show up at my house by Friday he agrees to refund me my money after 48 hours while his PayPal account is reinstated.

Sunday comes and no refund. Monday comes and no refund. Tells me Tuesday after he gets off work he will refund me. Nothing. After 5 emails since yesterday trying to figure out whats going on, he has yet to contact me back to let me know where my money is. I was forced to open a claim with PayPal because of this.

Over the course of the last 10 days Dacey has been very quick and prompt about emailing me back which seemed to me that he was going to make it right. However, after 5 unanswered emails, being told I was going to be refunded over 5 times with nothing showing up, I am forced to post this to the EKN Family as a Buyer Beware.

He seemed to be a stand up guy during the entire situation but it seems like I have been hung out to dry like he told me I wouldnt be from the beginning.

I will update this if/when the situation is resolved.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication