Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 08 OTK TAG chassis, cannot make it work Reply To: 08 OTK TAG chassis, cannot make it work

James Frantz
Participant

I don’t want to continue to stir the pot and in any way pick on Andy but my original reply was kind of a  knee jerk conditioned responce caused by years of dealing with people from the dark side posting negative things about the LO 206 and Briggs on another forum. In fact i apologize to Andy and everyone else for bringing that mind set to this post. I am normally not a conspiracy nut job.

This information was not available until just recently. Especially the info about the thicker motor mounts. <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;”>-Here’s what Briggs recommends: Please take note of the information in Bold.</span>

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;”>Engine mounts – Just because a mount allows for additional engine offset does NOT mean you should do it! Excessive offset and the use of a thin aluminum base plate (typically machined to save a few grams further reducing strength) amplify vibration throughout the engine and system. It will also impact fuel metering as vibration agitates fuel (hint, hint).</span>
<p style=”margin: 1em 0px; color: #000000; text-shadow: #ffffff 1px 1px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;”>o Install the engine with no more than a ¾ inch offset. When a ‘typical’ ½ inch plate is used and offset beyond this, strain gauge tests shows up to a 20% increase in vibration measured at the valve cover. This is a TREMDOUS amount of additional vibration and does not take into account any common contributing sources of vibration (track surface, tire balance, bent axles, etc.). Vibration accelerates fatigue.</p>
<p style=”margin: 1em 0px; color: #000000; text-shadow: #ffffff 1px 1px; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Arial; line-height: 22.3999996185303px;”>o Use a QUALITY mount. The BEST on the market is the Odenthal mount. It allows for greater offset without sacrificing rigidity. Another system would be the PMI engine mount with the ¾” engine plate verses the standard ½” plate.</p>

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication