Home Forums General Karting Discussion WKA annual meeting Reply To: WKA annual meeting

Jack Reall

Bob, on your post 36905 on November 11. I would like to clarify some things. As the only 4 cycle racer on the RR Competition committee (something I did not ask to be part of), I have taken my job of representing our racers very seriously. I have sought input and used it to create comment to make changes from year to year. It is not always heard or acted upon, but that does not mean it did not happen.

Last year we had 25 racers in the Animal 360 class at Daytona. It has always been a big class and the most recent years when you were not present were no different. It brings out the best in the fields. But then the race groups fall off as the season progresses.

The trustees threw Pro-gas into the mix last year and the 4 cycle racers managed it to the best of their ability.

Last year there were actually 4 classes for stock animal (light, medium, heavy and super heavy). In order for me to race more than twice a weekend, I had to buy and bring another motor (either  a clone, LO206, Pro-Gas or Limited Modified). This year through the input of the racers at meetings I held online and in person, we changed the classes to allow more races WITHOUT having to buy other engines. I think this helps the stock animal program. I can now enter 4 races a weekend with my stock animal. And if I want to race more I can put on my LM, or buy a LO206 and put it on the track.

I am not in any way shape or form defending the WKA organization. But I feel like I have done everything I can to make Road Racing better for the 4 cycle community and to act like you or I have been completely ignored is not an accurate statement.

Hope to see you this year, either at WKA or CES events.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication