Home Forums Shifter Karts CR80/85 Tech Talk Reply To: CR80/85 Tech Talk

Kyle Riedel
Participant

hey guys,much improvement since last update. i got a complete top rebuild after the ring went, had two races on it now and im up to speed with the leaders! i knocked 2 seconds off my problem laps at qual and another 2/10ths in the main, I finally got my tc4 pipe and will get to try it this weekend, but i still have a couple questions.

i run a PWK28@

air screw: 2 turns

slow jet: 38-40

main jet 138-140

now i have 2 DIFFERENT pwk28 and Ive seen a 3rd and/or 4theach one has a variation to it. (i was told when i was putting my setup together that PWK was the best carb, yet everyone else runs the mikuni) can someone explain the pros/cons of the carbs and the different pwk28’s and provide a simpler tuning guide/scan the tuning guide from the cr80 manual as i have lost my mine.

other issue: when i hit high enough RPM on the long straits i get what seems like a ignition “half ground out”, (the ignition quality suffers a little) am i overloading the coil? or could it be one of the pieces at the flywheel? this symptom has not seemed to be consistent. (that ive noticed)

17 years of karting
2009 NTK Yamaha heavy champion
Yamaha
Tag St.
80cc shifter

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication