Home Forums General Karting Discussion EKN Trackside: 2014 SKUSA SummerNationals – Modesto Grand Prix Reply To: EKN Trackside: 2014 SKUSA SummerNationals – Modesto Grand Prix

Bob Vehring
Participant

Jimmy, it was really aimed at you either, I don’t know many of the west coast people. I just see far to often what I think happens too much, especially with kids, is the thinking their on their way to NASCAR. That does happen, but not often and sometimes there those parents that are far more aggressive on that road then their actual experience level.

I don’t often bring up the things I did in the last post, but I think many/most don’t really understand that until it hits close to home. I hope they don’t have to go through that.

Both Danica and Ryan Hunter Reay are stars now They are both mid 30’s and both were racing karts in Man Cup and MWSS when they were 12 along with my two kids. One of mine is doing well in Pro Snowmobiles. Today everyones in a hurry, thinks this comes in 5-10 years. These guys have all been racing for 25 years or more. You can buy some knowledge, but you really can’t buy experience, only time gives you that

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication