Home Forums General Karting Discussion EKN Trackside: 2014 SKUSA SummerNationals – Modesto Grand Prix Reply To: EKN Trackside: 2014 SKUSA SummerNationals – Modesto Grand Prix

Tim Pappas
Participant

I agree that there are some drivers that may move up too fast, but they are only a small part of the problem. Comparing a RR at Blackhawk to a SKUSA sprint race is like comparing a 30 minute drive to the farm in Nebraska to a 15 minute commute on the 405 freeway in LA during rush hour.  Okay, not really, because there is no such thing as only a 15 minute commute on the 405.  It takes the same basic driving skills, but different tactics and level of aggression.

The problem I see is a basic lack of respect for other drivers and their equipment.  Jimmy, I did not see either of the S1 races at Modesto.  They were both past my bedtime. But you will see that I specifically called out 2 events in my other post as well as a whole class, TAG Sr.  The shifter guys don’t seem to have the same level of crashem bashem mentality that the TAG guys do. It’s there in both, but TAG takes it to a whole ‘nother level.  It’s not a matter of basic talent in either class.  There are some speedy TAG drivers that would still just rather run you over than bother to work out a pass.  I won’t hypothesize why that is so, whether it is lack of breast feeding as children, middle child syndrome, or being the last one picked for kickball in school, but it is what it is.  At least that’s how I see it.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication