Home Forums General Karting Discussion Getting started in Karting the right way. Need help. Reply To: Getting started in Karting the right way. Need help.

Chris Nachtmann
Participant

Walt, I think I’m picking up on your humor.. FYI, I have been involved in professional Motorsports all my life and several years at the highest level in drag racing on a multi time championship team. I can tell you I saw more broken necks, backs, arms, legs, noses, etc in competitive cheer than I ever saw in drag racing. All star cheer leading is not pom poms and ra ra. It’s hard core with very complicated tumbling and stunt sequences where girls fly 20-30′ in the air. My daughter had full knee surgery at 10 because she was competing skills that most 16-18 year olds in the country couldn’t dream of doing.  If you want to see some crash compilations, Google Gary Scelzi crash brainerd, or Topeka, or Chicago.  I got to witness those right from the starting line and pic up pieces of the car for 1000′ after. As far as asking Senna, I could say ask Scott Kalitta, Blaine Johnson, Darrel Russel, dale Earnhardt and so on and so on.  What about families that die in car accidents every day? I like my or my daughters odds better in racing. Please don’t think I’m upset or jumping on you. Just throwing my thoughts out there. Anyone feel free to chime in.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication