Home Forums General Karting Discussion Iame Leopard doesn't want to start, any ideas? Reply To: Iame Leopard doesn't want to start, any ideas?

Sebastian Sarmiento
Participant

Hi Tony, thanks for the link. I actually watched that vid yesterday a few minutes before got your message, definitively very helpful. Also found this pics step by step in this other forum http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/tillotson-hl-carb-rebuild-w-pics.64450/ .

Everything confirms that It has been assembled properly. Now I started thinking about the reed valve but there’s something I don’t get. the reed valve is a one way valve that sucks oxygen and fuel while the piston compresses and it creates negative pressure (vacuum effect), now what’s  the job of that little hole (pulse port??) in the left upper corner then?, is it supposed to BLOW AIR OR SUCK AIR?. I’m guessing it blows air, put pressure in the diaphragm from above and opens the needle? But at the same time, by looking at the passages of the carb it could blow air into the tank, which it would cause the fuel to move backwards or not to move at all.

I’ve trying to find a diagram of the engine , like cut in half to see how it works.

I watched lots of two strokes vids yesterday, but none of the other 2 strokes seem to have a port or hole like the iame.
If someone can school me on this , I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.