Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Parts Helicopter Tape – Save Your Graphics !!! Reply To: Helicopter Tape – Save Your Graphics !!!

Dan Gefis
Participant

Selling 3M 8671 Clear Polyurethane Protective Tape aka “Helicopter Tape”. This tape is typically used on helicopter rotors from protection against rocks and birds. You normally find this tape in 2″ and 3″ widths and only 8 mil thick. The tape I am selling is 12″ wide @ 14 mil thickness and is easily cut. It is flexible enough for compound curves but may need to be gently heated with a heat gun for more complex ones.

When used on a kart for graphic protection, you would typically need 3′. Two feet cut in 24″ x 6″ sections for the side pods and 12″ x 3″ sections for the front bumper. I have an eBay auction with pictures that will show how it is installed. You may want more for additional protection of other areas. The tape is also used on mountain bikes, snowmobiles, RV’s, etc. for the same type of protection.

The tape is sold by the linear foot i.e. 1′ (12″ x 12″) for $12. I can cut the tape in any length you want. Shipping is a flat rate $6 to the lower 48. Email me with any questions.

Paypal accepted at kapdan@cox.net