Home Forums Chassis & Handling driving question / staying put in the seat Reply To: driving question / staying put in the seat

shaun s noll
Participant

I don’t mean to bump and ancient conversation but I have been struggling with this same situation and found this all very valuable.  Jim Russell’s comment above is great.

I moved from a tillet seat to a ribtect and then took my kart and my seat to my local shop and had them install it for me on some scales so that I knew a legit pro shop.  This helped a lot as the shop set my seat up with more “lean back” and I prefer the ribtect seat.

One thing that I think has helped me is adding footrests/heal cups.  This allows me to brace myself in long sweeping turns a bit more by pushing myself back into my seat with my outside foot and allows me to relax my hands a bit and be more sensitive to what the kart is doing.

can a kart seat be too tight in regards to it not allowing the kart chassis to flex properly?  my seat is tight and I like it that way but it is a very tight fit

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication