Home Forums Shifter Karts Rookie Looking to Shift! Reply To: Rookie Looking to Shift!

superman7
Blocked

<p style=”background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”>Opinions differ on whether you should start in a 125 shifter – it’s not so much how fast they are, but it’s how many things you need to process very quickly, and that makes the learning curve of karting that much steeper.  Your Vette and Z-car will feel like things happen in slow motion in comparison.  Go with a 125 shifter if you want, but given your budget, you might be better off and equally satisfied with a TAG.</p>
<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px; background-color: #efefef;”>Have you driven one of the animal karts yet? I’d recommend going to a practice day at your local karting club and seeing if someone will let you have a go in their kart before deciding. I posted a thread very similar to this about a year ago but after trying out some karts I decided to start with something a bit more manageable than a shifter because what I really wanted to do was to be able to race often and against lots of other people and because coming from cars I found even the 4-stroke kart to be a handful. In my area at least, CR125 is only popular on the road track races which don’t happen all that often, and the most popular sprint track class is World Formula, which is similar to the animals in your area. More than anything else I think having lots of people to race against is most important for a first kart.</span>
<div class=”post-14109 reply type-reply status-publish hentry even bbp-parent-forum-3357 bbp-parent-topic-13525 bbp-reply-position-6 user-id-326″ style=”background-color: #ffffff; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 8px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; height: auto; width: 618px; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”>
<div class=”bbp-reply-content” style=”background-color: transparent; border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 130px; padding: 12px 12px 12px 0px; vertical-align: baseline;”>
<div id=”d4p-bbp-quote-14109″ style=”background-color: transparent; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;”>Lots of good advise being offered here. The single speed karts are the best place to learn good driving skills and proper lines. Spend a season or two in WF or TAG and then go for your shifter if the idea still appeals.</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class=”bbp-reply-header” id=”post-14288″ style=”background-color: #f4f4f4; border-width: 1px 0px 0px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd; margin: 0px; padding: 8px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; clear: both; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”></div>
<p style=”background-color: #efefef; border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 18px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #444444; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 21px;”></p>

Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz