Last Days to Pre-Enter for Superkarts! USA SummerNationals
Excitement continues to build as inaugural Modesto Grand Prix draws closer
In just a few days, the downtown streets of Modesto, California will become one of the biggest and grandest venues ever created for the sport of karting. The Superkarts! USA SummerNationals will take place at the inaugural Save Mart Supermarkets Modesto Grand Prix on August 1-3, and the work being put into the festival surrounding the event is at a level never before seen in North American karting. For the first time in the five-year history of the SKUSA Pro Tour, the excitement and challenge of a street course will be in play and the location is likely to match the atmosphere normally reserved for motorsports grand prix events like Long Beach, St. Petersburg, and Toronto. This event is not to be missed!
“The City of Modesto has gone above and beyond what we expected when we signed this deal last year,” stated Superkarts! USA CEO Tom Kutscher. “This is not your ordinary street race, throwing up hay bales and a few fences. This is a complete racing facility that is being placed right in the heart of the city. We are talking well over a quarter of a million dollars invested into this project. Aside from the SuperNationals, this is the first opportunity that SKUSA racers will have to compete under the lights at night on city streets in front of true race fans. Any driver who wins this weekend will truly feel like an all-star. I can’t wait to see the karts hit the track next Friday.”
Construction begins on Tuesday as the city starts the transformation of turning the downtown streets into a racing festival, one that will include a number of expo sections, VIP seating, two pedestrian bridges, thousands of feet in barriers, and miles of fencing that will be illuminated by the numerous lighting systems that will be in place along the course. In addition, the city repaved certain areas of the course that were deemed too rough for competition, and they have leveled over the manhole covers to provide what SKUSA feels will be the smoothest street racing in the country.
Promotion of the Modesto Grand Prix continues during the week of the event. A special media day has been set up on Tuesday, July 29 to provide the public a chance to see, in person, two of the karts and drivers set to battle at the SKUSA Pro Tour SummerNationals. S1 Pro Stock Moto drivers Fritz Leesmann and Ryan Kinnear will be on hand to field questions, as will SKUSA President Tom Kutscher. Superkarts! USA will be providing two-seater rides in a custom-built Praga kart to special event guests and media throughout the weekend, giving them a feeling of what it is like to sit behind the wheel, an inch off the ground. The Ariel Atom is the official Modesto Grand Prix pace car, and the Grand Marshall will ride along to lead all the fields to the green flag throughout the weekend.
A number of local drivers, in addition to those who competed at the SpringNationals in Dallas, will make up the record number of drivers in Modesto. The large fields in the S1 Pro and TaG Senior classes are returning to compete at the SummerNationals, and every driver who competes in all five Pro Tour rounds will qualify for the chance to take home the $10,000 winner’s check at the SKUSA SuperNationals XVIII. Entries for Modesto have already eclipsed the record-setting total from the SpringNationals, and the paddock area is nearly filled, with Superkarts! USA sending out more reminders in the closing days of the SummerNationals.
SKUSA COMPETITOR BULLETIN:
– Pre-entry deadline for SKUSA SummerNationals is this Sunday, July 27 at midnight. The Online store closes for all event items at that time.
– Price goes up to $500 for at-track race registration, not including tires and fuel.
– Deadline for individual orders of extra practice tires and/or extra fuel is also this Sunday, July 27 at midnight.
– Deadline for teams/shops to order practice tires and/or extra fuel for delivery to Modesto is tonight (Thursday, July 24) at midnight.
– NO fuel is allowed to be brought into the event, and must be pre-ordered to be guaranteed on site. Additional event rules will be posted shortly HERE.
– The pits are almost completely FULL. SKUSA is asking that everyone be sure they have sent in their pit spot requests and reserved their rental tents and equipment, per the notes posted HERE.
– Everyone will need to pay for a pit spot, whether they are pre-reserved or walk-ups.
– The final deadline to participate in the LIVE Feed program and have the race broadcast in your paddock area is tonight at midnight (Thursday, July 24). Details are posted HERE and on the pit spot reservations page at the link above.
– A number of local Modesto restaurants are offering catering services for teams and racers during the event. Info will be posted shortly on the venue information page HERE.
– All spectator passes can be purchased at the event for the same prices as online, so pre-event purchasing of ‘pit passes’ is not needed.
– Priority Pre-Entry Program for the SuperNationals is this Friday, July 25 at 9pm PDT. Information and directions are posted HERE.
For more information on anything related to Superkarts! USA, please visit their website – www.superkartsusa.com – or call the SKUSA head office at 951-491-0808.